Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sean1984

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
Just read on the IFOAppleStore forum Apple UK is opening one of these hyped up Apple Premium Stores in Manchester?

All good in my opion, with the trafford centre, the arndale and now the Apple Digital Store in Piccadilly we have aplenty of places to waste boring days drooling over Macs!

It gave this link although it doesnt look like its open yet, I may have a look at weekend.

http://www.digitalstoremanchester.co.uk

Shadow

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
I want a store in Middlesbough! Or Stockton! Please! I hate having to drive 2 hours to my "local" store!

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
tyr2 said:
At least the KRCS store in Leeds looks more 'apple like' after the refurb. An Apple owned store would be nice however.
An Apple Store is something else. For a start they get the new stuff in stock really quickly. You also get the Genius Bar if you have problems.

Wooden flooring and jazz music alone isn't quite the same. Leeds, when you add in Bradford, Guiseley etc. has such a large catchment it must be on Apple's plans.

sean1984

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
Apple Digital Store Piccadilly Gardens Manchester

Called today and the builders where in there, it is opposite a hotel and next door to Kro Bar in the new building in piccadilly

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
sean1984 said:
Called today and the builders where in there, it is opposite a hotel and next door to Kro Bar in the new building in piccadilly
Is that the old Piccadilly Hotel itself? Hope they've done it up since I was last there.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Things to come?

Betcha that there'll eventually be an AppleStore here:

Westfield2.jpg

Apparently, when finished in 2009 it will be the largest shopping mall in Europe. All on the doorstep of those who live in Central or West London... I've been past the site recently and it looks absolutely huge.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Blue Velvet said:
Apparently, when finished in 2009 it will be the largest shopping mall in Europe. All on the doorstep of those who live in Central or West London... I've been past the site recently and it looks absolutely huge.
That's if Multiplex don't do a Wembley on it. 2009 could become 2015 very quickly with that lot involved :p

BTW, for anyone who doesn't know the location, just below left of the big red light you can see BBC Television Centre and bottom right corner is the Shepherd's Bush roundabout.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
CrackedButter said:
One in Cardiff would be nice at least, I'd ask for Swansea but I don't think it would receive one before the Welsh capital.:)
And Edinburgh, Oxford, Cambridge, Bristol... The list goes on for good places for stores (Glasgow too but dynamiciv already mentioned it.)

timmillwood

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2006
CrackedButter said:
One in Cardiff would be nice at least, I'd ask for Swansea but I don't think it would receive one before the Welsh capital.:)

i agree!!!

I live 20mins from Cardiff and Wales needs and Apple store, AT computers is Good but does not offer HE Discount or have the stock in Quick enough.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
timmillwood said:
i agree!!!

I live 20mins from Cardiff and Wales needs and Apple store, AT computers is Good but does not offer HE Discount or have the stock in Quick enough.

HE discount is only Online/on the phone I'm afraid, you only get 8% in physical stores.

FleurDuMal

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
London Town
Blue Velvet said:
Betcha that there'll eventually be an AppleStore here:

Westfield2.jpg

Just what London needs, more shops :rolleyes:

FleurDuMal

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
London Town
dynamicv said:
Is that the old Piccadilly Hotel itself? Hope they've done it up since I was last there.

It's not I'm afraid. It's a completely new building at the side of Piccadilly Gardens. I think most of its been empty since it was built about three years ago - apart from some God-awful 'trendy' bar called Kro Bar, which is always empty.

The Piccadilly Hotel is still there I'm afraid. The regeneration people obviously had a bit of a blind spot when they rebuilt the city centre in the 90's.

Anyway, a couple of miles down the A6 is clearly where it's at ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.