More Apps using Full Screen

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jacobj, Feb 16, 2006.

1. jacobj macrumors 65816

jacobj

I've been playing with iPhoto 6 over the last few days and I have to say that the full screen editing is fantastic. It works for me in many ways.

1. No distraction from panels that aren't required
    2. Genuine full screen means that I can fully use my workspace and get more detail without having to lose the edge of the picture.
    3. I don't get distracted by other apps in my dock
    4. It just feels damned nice

So I am wondering whether others applications will adopt this method. iDVD with media panels etc, iMovie with timeline and clips available in the bottom and right when you push your cursor to the screen edge (but maintaining the option to keep them there at all times).

But for me the one has to be photoshop. OK so Adobe would be ripping off Apple, but I for one often adjust my curves by using Threshold markers. The problem with that is that the blackest and whitest points of the photo are often far apart which results in me having to zoom in and out to make sure that I am right on the spot...full screen would stop this...

Having said that a clever modification of the loop tool in Lightroom or Aperture would do the job nicely.

Does anyone else have any ideas of Apps that would work in full screen? Is this a trend or a dead end?

2. Mr. Mister macrumors 6502

I like fullscreen for editing in Fireworks simply because it lets me have a better perspective on color without all of the palettes present, and the palettes don't obscure anything. And I already know all of the shortcuts, so I don't really need the menu/palettes.