More bad news for Bush

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Neserk, May 8, 2004.

1. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

How stupid and uninformed are the American people?

What a bunch of stupid *******s. The systematic torture of Iraqi POWs has been going on since before the Fallujah incident.

No wonder Americans get a repuation for being stupid, lazy, proud arrogant ****s. We ****ing deserve it.

link

2. Neserk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neserk

I visit another forum (in a sec you'll understand why I spend most of my time here) and someone posted pretty much the same sentiment. He believes they were all "terrorists anyhow" and that is how the deserve to be treated. I was so PO'd by his statements that I couldn't even respond...

3. numediaman macrumors 6502a

Europeans Like Bush Even Less Than Before

By SARAH LYALL
    Published: May 9, 2004

LONDON, May 8 - Earlier this year, George Osborne, a Conservative member of Parliament, took a straw poll of some legislators from his party. The subject was President Bush. The results were not pretty.

"George Bush scares the hell out of me," one Tory said, according to an article by Mr. Osborne in The Spectator. Another told him: "Bush is a man who might wail at the moon. I don't feel comfortable with him." A third said that while he would vote for Bush in November if he could, "I think Anglo-American relations would be better if Kerry won."

That was long before pictures showing the humiliation of Iraqi prisoners were published all over the world, horrifying even Mr. Bush's allies. And the people Mr. Osborne polled were all Conservatives, by tradition and temperament the Republican Party's natural friends across the Atlantic.

But perhaps the only surprising thing about the vehemence of anti-Bush feeling, based on a reading of newspapers, opinion polls and interviews around Europe, is how unsurprising it truly is. In fact, one reason the recent disclosures have proved so damaging to the American cause here is that Mr. Bush had so little good will upon which to draw.

Across Europe, anti-Bush feeling has contributed to a consensus that the coming American election is of singular importance: for the United States, certainly, but also for the rest of the world. Anxieties about the direction America is going are accompanied more often than not by a passionate desire, cutting across national borders and party lines, to see President Bush voted out of office in November.

http://nytimes.com/2004/05/09/international/europe/09euro.html

I guess Bush won't be touring Bordeaux or Tuscany after leaving office.

4. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I think if we send him back to Crawford on a permanent vacation the people of Europe and the rest of the world will be much happier. Regardless of what they would think, I know I would be much happier. Heck, given the time George spends there now he might not know the difference.

5. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

As long as we also send back Cheney, Wolfowitz, Perle, Rove and the rest of the puppetmasters to the dark corner of Hell from whence they slithered we'd be in good shape.

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

He never visited Europe before he was elected, so I don't see why he'd want to go there afterwards.

7. Neserk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neserk

So were aren't the only ones concerned... I guess those Europeans who are Kerry supporters are starting to show their faces... about time!

8. takao macrumors 68040

takao

i personally wouldn't want to vote for neither bush or kerry.. but if had to choose the smaller evil i would choose kerry...

i mean in the beginning Bush was funny and amusing...but now it starts to get "over the top" and annoying..

9. Neserk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neserk

Easy for you to say... you don't have to live here :p

10. professor macrumors newbie

It's probably a good idea for him to stay where he is. After all, they speak weird languages which no-one understands, they eat suspicious food (one could get sick!). And they're all liberals (as seen from Texas).
    He would receive a warm welcome here after November 2004, as the new ex-president of the U.S.of A.

11. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Not here! Once is enough!

12. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Is that the same "warm" welcome we used to see in the horror flicks with the citizens carrying torches to welcome the monster? :p

13. acidrock macrumors 6502

I attend the Evergreen State College, currently a program is in Egypt. The faculty sent me an email reporting this on May 5, 2004 about issue of the photographs mentioned in the article here:

The faculty at Evergreen wrote me in an email me saying:
    She continued saying that the Egyptians say that they realize that gov are different from the people. They have been very welcoming to the students, and the students are doing everything to show the Egyptians they are right.

14. Neserk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neserk

That is good... and we will have a change in November. We *must* have a change!