more black than white?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by phuong, Oct 11, 2006.

1. phuong macrumors 6502a

Aug 16, 2006
  2. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Jul 15, 2006
    Most defiantly!

I dont think ive ever even seen a 5th Gen White iPod!

Everyone i know has a black one!

I think the white Nano's were more popular than the White iPods though
  3. vand0576 macrumors member

Aug 11, 2006
    mpls, mn
    I knew that would happen. If I were in the market, I would get a white one hands down, cause everyone got a black one thinking they would be unique, but no one has a white one now, and they are the more unique ones.
  4. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

May 28, 2005
    Black is the new white, which was the new black...

The Wii is so outdated!:rolleyes:
  5. luckylisp macrumors 6502

Feb 2, 2006
    NY state
    No, I wouldn't say that. I believe more people buy the white ones and that is why more are brought in to be fixed. They're brought in because something went wrong with them, not because they're rejecting them due to color. ;) You may have missed this past poll on which color more people prefer:
  6. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

Mar 22, 2006
    When the 5G iPod first came out, the black one was really cool and new because it was the first non-white full size iPod (except for the U2 one), and the white seemed boring and old. Now, after we have had the choice for a year, i was starting to prefer the white ones, until i saw the black iPod nano 2G, which revived my love of black iPods.

Maybe that is because everyone is tierd of black iPods, and are selling them to raise money to buy white iPods. ;)
  7. vanzskater272 macrumors regular

Aug 10, 2006
    I got the white video ipod. But it was mostly because the black looked ugly to me. Then everyone started to get black ones and mine looked unique.:D
  8. eyemacg5 macrumors 6502

Sep 14, 2006
    Derbyshire, England
    Black iPods... arnt all they're* cracked up to be (no pun intended with the nano screens) i had a black nano, at the time, ohh yeah it was cool, but it broke and now i wouldnt buy a black one, or a black macbook just because the snow apple products (imacs ibooks etc) just look amazing, also white cables and docks would look a mess with a black ipod / macbook and really white is contempary, dell make black pc's. having a black ipod would make me feel "in with the crowd" and most people "in the crowd" will have a black ipod, and at worst a windows formatted black ipod.

And... if all the crowd have a black ipod, no one says "ohh you've got a black ipod"

BUT if you have a white ipod people will say "ohh you've got a white ipod" and you can reply "yeah i have a white ipod, and a white imac and a white macbook and a white macmini and a white ibook"

Thats if you want to show off, but i would get a white ipod not to show off but....

Not to "be in with the crowd" and as mac users we arnt "in with the crowd" seen as apple has only 10% of market share, yes we know that apple has the top 10% of the market share and the cleverest computer users are in that 10% .

just my £0.01?

? Approx conversion of $0.02
    * They're is correct its not there or their
  9. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

Mar 7, 2006
    The black ones are a novelty as there have only been white ipods up until then.
  10. colinet macrumors 6502

Sep 5, 2003
    I've got a black 5G iPod and now a black Nano 2 as well and a black Macbook and it's nothing to do with being 'different' or extremely, totally, much, much more unique.

It's simply that they look much nicer.

And of course being black, they go much faster . . .

By the way, (I don't do LOL, BTW or any of that lazy crap but then I also spell 'colour' properly too) you can't be 'more' unique, or anything else unique. You can only be unique.
  11. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

Apr 12, 2005
    Moorestown, NJ
    I have a black and have seen an even mix of iPods. I don't feel cooler with it or whatever, i just think it looks better than the white ;)
  12. Counterfit macrumors G3

Aug 20, 2003
    sitting on your shoulder
    Except that if no one wants a white 5G, you won't get much money. ;)
  13. briansolomon macrumors 6502

Apr 1, 2005
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I bought a white iPod because it matches my white iBook...and all of it's accessories are white anyway. I want things to match. Apple needs to make black docks, black headphones, black cables, black adapters for the black iPods.

I don't care if they aren't signature. Non-matching items goes against traditional Apple design cues. and plain just looks bad
  14. ilikeninjas90 macrumors regular

Jun 21, 2006
    Orange, CA
    does anyone the amount of sales of each color 5th gen ipod

I cant make up my mind of black or white

i swear its the hardest decision to choose between two of the most simple colors
  15. vand0576 macrumors member

Aug 11, 2006
    mpls, mn

And thank you, grammar Nazi. j/k lol lmao

Yeah, you're right. I just don't have the drive to properly speak English.

After all, I'm American.
  16. phuong thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aug 16, 2006
  17. AppleGuy08 macrumors 6502

Mar 6, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    I think the color really depends on ones setup. Eg: my setup is an ibook (white) creature 2's (white) apple bt keyboard (white) bt mouse (white)

Itd look silly if i got black so naturally i got white. Plus black shows more fingerprints. and gets dirtier
  18. Sesshi macrumors G3

Jun 3, 2006
    One Nation Under Gordon
    Figures. I have a white 5G iPod and I like it. Beat me over the head with my uncoolness, why don't you...