Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
Ok, so I can download audiobooks from iTunes. What if I purchased the audiobook cd's. Will I be able to install those on my iPod?? Will it bookmark that form of book the same as if I downloaded it from iTunes.

I'm thinking that if I purchase the audio cd's, I can give them to my wife and kids when I'm done. I doubt I can pass around something I downloaded from iTunes. Prices are about the same, plus I get a discount with my B&N card.
Thanks.

Frank

DXoverDY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2005
fjs08 said:
Ok, so I can download audiobooks from iTunes. What if I purchased the audiobook cd's. Will I be able to install those on my iPod?? Will it bookmark that form of book the same as if I downloaded it from iTunes.

I'm thinking that if I purchase the audio cd's, I can give them to my wife and kids when I'm done. I doubt I can pass around something I downloaded from iTunes. Prices are about the same, plus I get a discount with my B&N card.
Thanks.

Frank

if you're looking for cheaper.. i'd go with audible.com .. they have a $15/mo subscription that includes 1 audiobook of your choice, and 1 subscription to a radio program, magazine or periodical. for $20/mo you get 2 audiobooks of your choice.

i believe you can burn the audiobooks from audible like 1.5 times.. 1 full burn.. and then if you have say a 10 hour audiobook, you can then burn 5 hours of it otherwise.

since itunes runs through audible (hence my thing to goto the subscription thing).. they carry the SAME stuff, infact audible does more. you SHOULD be able to burn the audiobook from the iTMS probably the same number of times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.