More Casualties in the BitTorrent Battle

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by hob, May 13, 2005.

1. hob macrumors 68020

hob

It seems the MPAA is relentless in it's march towards total internet destruction...

MPAA Targets TV Download Sites

Casualties include:
    bt efnet
    ShunTV
    Zonatracker
    Scifi-Classics
    CDDVDHeaven
    Bragginrights.

:(

2. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

wow, from all of those i had only heard of bt-efnet, and that was a great site.

dont the mpaa/riaa realise that no matter how many sites they take down, more will come up? it seems to me that they're fighting a losing battle..

3. brap macrumors 68000

I wonder if they've shut down #BT, on EFnet. I used to hang there years ago...
    Eitherway, they'll not shut down TV piracy, movie piracy, video game piracy... it'll keep going, through the latest obscurity. And Usenet.

...PS. Yeah, Nigella Lawson really is hot. Shame about the name. And the father ;)

4. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

The latest update of Azureus now has de-centralized tracking. RIAA and MPAA will not win against P2P. :D

5. jamdr macrumors 6502a

jamdr

No!

No, not btefnet! That's where I downloaded television episodes that I can't catch during the week. Why does the MPAA care about TV shows? TiVo and VCRs let you skip commercials anyway, so what's the point? I would think they would have higher priorities. If it's not against the rules here, does anyone know another site to download TV shows?

6. hob thread starter macrumors 68020

hob

I'm rather annoyed about the loss of efnet - PM me if you've absolutely nowhere left to go...!

7. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

What is De-centralized tracking?

8. brap macrumors 68000

A quick read here may help.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

its like the game Lights Out, the more buttons you press the more lights come on. only its a never ending game.

10. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

I don't see much a revenue loss here. I like to download episodes of ABC's Lost, and I will be buying the DVDs when they come out in September. There is really nothing else I can give ABC, it is broadcast television. It's not like I am downloading HBO shows since I don't have HBO and am not paying for it.

But more will pop up, it is a losing battle they are fighting.

11. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

I dont know that much about the legal prosess but it sounds like the sites get sued for the illegal and not the people that download it? Is that the same with music/movies? And dont worry I buy eveything from iTunes or Best Buy.

12. Sculelos macrumors newbie

Well Bfnet closed, the site I used the most, so now I just went seaching a found alternatives, simple and thier will always be ways around it so I guess they can't really stop file sharers, thiers just no feasable way, even though they can be pain in the butts. I have Satilite Tv so I could (and do) Tivo programs, so really whats the difference?