More CoD2 help

Discussion in 'Games' started by KillSpree, Oct 16, 2006.

1. KillSpree macrumors newbie

i finaly managed to fix my CoD2, but now i keep getting kicked by PunkBuster for "PB INIT FAILURE" any ideas???

2. astewart macrumors member

Hmmm, Have you tried deleting the Pref(s) file (.plist) for COD2 yet?
    Even reinstalling the game might be a good Start. :eek:

3. macrobat macrumors regular

update punkbuster from there website, make sure you are running 1.3 for COD2, make sure punkbuster is enabled from the COD2 menu options, Last but not least if it is pirated you can forget about it. if all else fails join a server that doesnt use punkbuster:D

4. mowogg macrumors 6502

mowogg

Punkbuster Broken

Punkbuster is broken in CoD2 at least for me and a few other folks. Even manual updating with the PB app doesn't seem to work. I keep getting kicked and finally went back to CoD UO for my online play.

5. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

Have you tried going to PunkBuster's website, downloading, and running PBSetup? I had PB trouble with all my games this month until I ran it. The program will update PB for all the games that requires it.

Here is the link to the webpage: http://evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php. Add the games you want to update to the list and click Check for Updates a few times. That should fix the PB issues most people are having.

6. mowogg macrumors 6502

mowogg

I had done that. Even after doing a manual update of PB, CoD2 doesn't recognize it. In the PB setup app it doesn't show the version numbers, it only says "installed" and tries to update every time I run it, even though it should have updated the last time.

7. Phat Elvis macrumors 6502

I had this same problem. I had updated to 1.3 and was getting the same error code. I looked around online and one solution was to open the app, go to the option to join a game, wait around 30 seconds, then quit the app. Wait. Re-open and it worked. I only had to do this once. My theory is that the first time you open it PB needs to update itself.

Now if your COD2 screen doesnt show 1.3 in the bottom corner then you have a whole other ordeal to go through. Make sure your COD2 folder is on the hard-drive and not your applications folder.

I'm "Rookie" online, but I suck.

8. mowogg macrumors 6502

mowogg

Thanks Phat Elvis. I had seen that on the PB site too, but I thought that was only for the Server. I'll give it a try. I have updated to 1.3 and I believe that's where the problem lies. Aspyr changed the GUID requirements and that may have goofed the app up for some people. I would like to know if anybody that ISN'T having problems is able to bring up and PB references in the console. I was told by Even Balance that it is a router issue (I'm playing hard-wired through my AirPort basestation) and to enter "PB_Security 0" into the console, but that doesn't work. CoD2 has read-ahead in the console and it doesn't bring up any punkbuster references.
    BTW, if you're also playing CoD UO online, the SOD server is pretty good, although there was a guy on there last night with an invincibility mod that punkbuster didn't catch and he had to be kicked by the admin.

9. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

I'm able to play CoD2 without a problem. Tell me what to do to get the PB references and I will post them.