More coffee!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Wardofsky, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

Since there are a (What seems) 100s of styles (Which is why I'm not doing a poll) of coffee, what are peoples favourites?

2. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

tea.

JK. I'm not a big fan of coffee, so I don't know if this will count.
    But my favorite coffee drink would have to be the Caramel
    Frapuccinos from Starbucks. Not exactly coffee but still a coffee
    drink nonetheless.

3. superkatalog macrumors regular

italian espresso or ristretto

i drink too much coffee..........................

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Starbucks is my favorite brand of coffee, like is black. Always said regular till I moved to Boston, got a rude awakening. Saying regular you get it with cream & sugar, yuk!

My favorite fancy drink Mocha Grande, Starbucks! :)

5. medea macrumors 68030

medea

just tea my friend, and usually chai tea when out and about, tastes great either hot or cold, and I just tried a new way yesterday that was called a Frosted Chai which was kinda like a milkshake and was pretty damn good.

6. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

ughhhhhh how can you like chai. It is disguisting. :confused: :eek: ;) :D

7. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

8. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

my general favs are espresso & lattés...

I like brewing flavored coffees at home...usually Gevalia, Godiva or from the local roaster Community Coffee...good stuff :D

yesterday I had a quadruple espresso...he he he...was quite...uh...tastey ;)

9. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

well i got an espresso machine for christmas, so i've been playing around with that lately... now as a rule i hate starbucks, but their coffee beans aren't bad. I like really deep woody flavors in espresso, but regular coffee i like just about anything... assuming it's not too floral. generally i like experimenting with different blends, almost every company makes a breakfast blend and some can be very good. Best is finding a lighter roast coffee and hitting it with a shot of espresso, and maybe some chocolate.

if i'm at a coffeehouse, tho, mocha lattés are my fav. Caramel lattés come in a close second. i used to go to a place that had peppermint lattés around christmastime, man those were good. .

for presentation to guests, i have my own special recipe. Irish creme coffee, dark espresso, chocolate non-dairy creamer, and a touch of Nestle's Frappe, which is a foaming stand-alone drink. Saves me the trouble of frothing milk and really tastes wonderful. Plus, since there's no dairy, i don't have to worry about the lactose intolerant (myself included, unless i'm really craving something!)

:)
    pnw

10. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

wow...that sounds deelish!! :D

I don't have any concoctions like that...usually just strong flavored coffee...but then again...I don't have my own machine...

I really wanna get one soon though...I'd end up with all sorts of project drinks...he he he :D

11. King Cobra macrumors 603

When I have coffee, usually instead of boiling tap water, boiling spring water is used to help make liquid morning Starbucks.

I like it sweet and somewhat dark.

12. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

For a summer drink I like a Frapachino from Starbucks.

13. Performfreak macrumors member

I enjoy carmel lattes when I go out for coffee, but I haven't really gotten into all the different roasts. I just like a good cup of coffee or two in the morning with cream and sugar. I just got a coffee maker for christmas though, so I'll definitely be findin out what I enjoy

14. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

Yah they're a blast :) it's hard to get the right grind, since every machine's screen is different. The one thing you have to be sure to do is get a water filter, or use spring water as someone said. Even if you can't taste the chlorine and additives in the water, you'll notice a difference in the espresso...

i'm just fascinated with coffee, since my doctor says i'm supposed to cut out all caffeine. stupid doctors anyway...

pnw

15. medea macrumors 68030

medea

Hey you should listen to that doctor this time, the tumor my girlfriend (now fiancee) had in her breast has basically been traced to drinking way too much coffee.

16. Wardofsky thread starter macrumors 65816

Hay, same, I got a Gaggia Classico, I lurve making Cappuccino's (Spelling) but I want to attept a Frappe-Latte-Insonne-Goppe-Laffee-Cino.

(I believe the names are getting that long now)

17. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

I used to drink a couple cups of Highlander Grog every morning, then I found out the marvels of English Breakfast Tea. A little milk and two lumps of sugar.. that's the ticket! Much better than that coffee nonsense...

18. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

I do tea when i have a long day ahead of me that i'm planning on enjoying, and i want to relax a bit and be calm. But i find tea far too calming for things like sleep-deprived mornings at work, when you're struggling to stay with it (i've dozed off at work a few times, not pretty)... that's when a tall latte with a couple of extra shots works well... im finding that i will definitely need to cut down on caffeine tho, i have an anxiety disorder that's progressing to raising my blood pressure dangerously... Plus i've got cancer to worry about now... thanks medea :rolleyes: :)

can't stand tea with sugar tho. If you *have* to do it, use some honey, otherwise just enjoy the flavor... i use organic tea, so i like the feeling of having pure natural tea... i'm into chamomille (i know i spelled that wrong) with cinnamon at the moment :)

pnw

19. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

I tend to worry about the excessive coffee leading to Kidney stones. I started drinking cranberry juice to balance it out, and I found out that I really enjoy that as well.

True, I have the luxury of still being a student so going to class and flirting with cute young single girls in their early twenties... that keeps me plenty worked up. The tea is relaxing.. :)

20. JohnStrass macrumors regular

Any Fair trade coffee. The price is only a buck a pound more than any other premium grind, but the Juan Valdez' of the world get 1.25 a pound instead of the usualy 20 cents. I was just in Kenya and there were abandoned piles of coffee beans on the side of the road since the bottom has fallen out of the market.

Oh and Chai from an Indian resaurant is heavenly....forget that sweet goo from the coffee shops.
    John

21. peterjhill macrumors 65816

peterjhill

try "Honest Tea" Kashmiri Chai, it is very delicious

22. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I hear that...I'm always looking for a new flavor or way to enjoy whatever I'm drinking...

mixers & such even...like liquors...:D

but damn...I don't think I could stay away from the caffeine...I have a slight addiction...

it would be tragic... ;)

23. dubbelhund macrumors member

PEET'S not starsucks, PEET'S. Starbucks don't have a clue how to make espresso, it changes from one store to another. All they know is coconutmockafrappochinos, and thats not coffee.

I'm the customer of the week at Peet's this week, which means I'll get free coffee drinks at Peet's all week long! (See, at Peet's they actually care about their customers).

Except for Peet's (who learned coffee roasting in Europe, by the way) American coffee is the worst in the whole world. I've had better coffee in Italy (of course), Russia, Egypt, Turkey, you name it. American coffee is so damn watery you might as well drink sewage water.

We'll there you have it, my morning-bash.

Have a great day y'all, I'm off to Peet's!

24. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

25. ecino1 macrumors member

I take a large Tim Horton's coffee with milk. Not into any of that starbucks frappucino, or any of those fancy deals, there coffee is pitiful enough, i wouldent want to try anything interesting from there.