More Credit Card Fraud Problems.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by stubeeef, Jun 17, 2005.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

:mad:

Well you know a bunch of us are on these lists. I am getting P.O.'d at this stuff. They need to get some Macs or something.......I mean jeezzzz, why don't I just handover my entire profile on a home page.

Link

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

This is quite scary. These credit card have no reason to exist if they can't protect the security of its customers financial information. I'm hoping that my Master Card information goes through my personal issuing bank only. I have been thinking about signing up with Equifax, any thoughts on this service?

3. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I subscribe to Consumer Reports online, a great deal btw, and read their speal. Then did some searching. Turns out you had better be careful before you use an online service, many are run just to get your info to steal your ID.

little article, I called the number and it said my location is not available till Sept 2005. Will contact some by phone this week, I have to spend a week in Appleton Wisc for Aircraft maintenance. This will give me something to explore.
    Link

4. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Here is a quick guide to wether you are eligable to obtain this info yet.Link

Attached Files:

5. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

7. takao macrumors 68040

takao

8. emw macrumors G4

emw

From an article in the Chicago Tribune this morning, this place dealt with a number of credit card providers, including Discover and Visa. It didn't mention AmEx.

This is amazingly troubling. I can't believe this crap goes on. :mad:

Thanks, stu, for posting the info on the web imposters.

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Thank you Duff-Man, that certainly takes my faith away from them. My own bank offers a similar service. They have been very trust worthy.

The only other option would be going back to the old standard of Cash! IT also would assist with not going into debt.

10. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

Does that include store cards and the like? As wdlove said - cash is king - if you haven't got it you can't spend it. Was this a breach of the system or a loss of data?

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

As stubeeef mentioned it was a breach in security. It would include a store card if they use MasterCard or Visa to clear the credit card. They even mentioned the possibility of some American Express. Checking your credit bill next time very carefully. They said that they will waive the $50 fee.

12. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Companies that allow this to happen should be fined. They have obligations just as much as the consumers.