more Dock Preferences

Discussion in 'macOS' started by chairguru22, Jun 3, 2006.

1. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

are there more dock preferences than the ones i can get to through system preferences? i would like to add more dividers and make them more transparent and allow windows to open behind it. ive seen screens of people's desktops and it seems they could change the way their dock looks, or is that with an older Mac OS?
    thanks.

2. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

There are 'dividers' which are simply applications that.. aren't real. They can be blank, or be images such as lines which divide groups of icons in the dock -- search and you'll find a link for some.

A program called "onyx" will give you more options for altering the dock, as well.

3. chairguru22 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i tried out onyx, not quite what i was looking for but thanks. your other idea makes a lot of sense though and will work

4. zagato27 macrumors 65816

zagato27

I'd try following the June Desktop thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=205300

You'll find a dock that you like, then just post a reply and ask what they are using. I've heard of Onyx and I use TinkerTool to make some minor appearance changes. I've also seen those "invisible/blank" dividers that you are talking about but don't know what they are using. I almost think that some of those are actually downloable. Well, try the June Desktop or go back to the May thread. You'll find it. Cheers

5. iShane macrumors 6502a

Where can I find Onyx and TinkerTool?

6. iShane macrumors 6502a