More doubt than trust...

Discussion in 'Community' started by AssassinOfGates, Jan 28, 2003.

1. AssassinOfGates macrumors 6502

I recently took a poll on Netscape's news site, and I was amazed at how much the public was split on the view of Bush's job perfromance. The picture tells it all. (I voted D by the way, he may have tried during the beginning of 9/11, but now hes overused the excuse and his plans for the economy are less than savory.)

Attached Files:

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I gave President Bush an A. Who on 9/12/01 would say that 2 years would have passed with no more attacks, the Federal Government protecting it's citizens. I much prefer his view of smaller goverment, lower taxes, & a stong military. The same views that President Kennedy had, todays Democrat party left him. The economy depends alot on global influences. Consumer spending is 2/3's of the economy. No president can really take credit for a good or a bad economy.

3. job macrumors 68040

job

wdlove, there was a very interesting article which compared JFK to GWB.

I need to find it somewhere...

[edit]

ah crap, it's on an online periodical service, i.e. you have to pay.

nevermind then. our family has the magazine subscription so i read the article at lunch today.

[/edit]

4. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

I gave the President a C. I must say that he handled the 9/11 attacks very well. But now it seems as if all he thinks about is going to War with Iraq. He also needs to do something about the economy.

5. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

he's at a C for me for the very same reasons

if he attacks iraq without an exit plan or a reason to go there in the first place in terms of a full scale attack, then i will give gwb a D

to raise his grade, he needs to get the economy on the mend instead of catering to the rich

i don't know if the democrats have a solid plan either at this moment, but the president's numbers have gone down quite a bit since 9/11

the state of the union speech, like all the ones before it, will help the president and buy him some time

then the inevitable question will come in 2004, "are you better off now than four years ago"

in most cases, if things are worse, i will vote against him...but there are circumstances way beyond his control with the economy and i will put that into the equation

if the dems run somebody way out to lunch quoting the old party line word for word, then he/she won't get my vote, either

6. AssassinOfGates thread starter macrumors 6502

Vote 3rd party :cool:

7. AssassinOfGates thread starter macrumors 6502

Interesting, the tides are turning. Someone keep watch of this poll so I can check the results when I wake up.

Attached Files:

8. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

numbers will go up after a fresh new agenda of promises...most of which won't come to fruition...from either party's cic

thirty years ago, the dems were the ones who were poor at the economy and full of empty promises

but with reagan, bush and bush jr, the legacy will belong to the gop unless something is done to turn it around for the better...gop strategists need to look long term and make their suggestions doable projects

small steps in the right direction over time is the only way out of the war and recession mess

9. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

I gave Jr. an A. I think he's super. We definately should go to war and we definately need to cut the taxes on the wealthy. There's no surer way to a healthy economy than deficit spending and trickle down economics!

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

If you make >$60,000/year you are the rich according to the Democrat party.

11. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

depending on where you live, i guess

but in the bay area and surrounds, 60k is middle class

upper middle class is 80k or more and the average home in the state is double the national average of 100K+ house

the bay area's highest area, san francisco, has fixer uppers worth half a million and even with great income, you have to be truly rich to own a 4 bedroom 2 bath in sf, calif