More Easily Add Events to iCal?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mcmike100, Oct 23, 2006.

1. mcmike100 macrumors member

Jan 31, 2005
    Does anyone know of any addon or script to allow me to add events more easily to iCal? What I mean is something like with Google Calendar, where you can type, "Lunch with John tomorrow from 1-2" and it will know what you mean and add it. I find it cumbersome to have to go over to the right panel and change the times every time I add an event.

2. dazboardrider macrumors member

Aug 1, 2006
  3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    to change the times easier you can lengthen or shorten any event in the week/day view just by dragging one end
  4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    QuickSilver, with the iCal module installed should be able to do more or less that... not 100% sure about the "intelligent" time detection, though...

I haven't bothered with the iCal module, I just have a New iCal Event.ics file deep somewhere in my Documents folder, and use QS to open that file, which opens iCal (if not running), ask which Calendar the event should be added to and makes a new iCal event one minute long, at the time the file is opened with the title "Now what?". ;)
  5. mcmike100 thread starter macrumors member

Jan 31, 2005
    Great, thanks! The Quicksilver plugin works great, but do you know of a way to set an ending time too? Also, any idea if there's a way for it to default to "Creat iCal event" every time I enter a text string with '.' so I don't have to hit tab and type "ic"?