Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HVDynamo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
Minnesota
Sorry I'm just tired of every "news" article have the words: speculate, might, mock up, maybe, possibly, from an undetermined source, and supposedly. It's not news... it's just some douche bag trying to earn a name when he just happens to have his **** stick to a wall.

If anything actually happens it's because it's a pretty valid assumption or they got lucky. Anyone can do that... get a real job.

(In all seriousness I do realize this is called mac rumors, but it's the same "news" as everywhere else.)

While your last point may be true, this is Mac rumors, which makes this kind of "news" exactly what the site is designed around. So go elsewhere if you are going to complain about this not being news.

1Azhar

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2012
This crap is already thin enough to cut a bumper in half.

There is no need to make it any thinner.

In fact, can I have a thicker iMac with a blu-ray drive in it please?

No? Ok I will build a hackintosh.

Anyone listened to the sound that comes from the new iMacs? Shame! Shame & lame!! It's like the sound quality you'd expect from a laptop. I'd rather stick with my 2008 iMac! Why did they have to ditch a form factor that was doing brilliantly. :confused:In this case, they did it by sacrificing on sound quality! :(

macman34

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2013
Can they make it less reflective?

Can they put some money out of the hundreds of billions they 've stashed to develop some transflective tech that's more gentle to our eyesight and circadian rhythms?

Is there any guarantee that thinner won't also make it more problematic for the end user? See thinner notebooks, higher temperature notebooks affecting fertility. See led displays with pwm flicker producing headaches and migraines.

I think thinner is that last thing anyone REALLY wants to see next. I hope they get this at apple at some point, cause it's growing tiring already this thing.

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
Anyone listened to the sound that comes from the new iMacs? Shame! Shame & lame!! It's like the sound quality you'd expect from a laptop. I'd rather stick with my 2008 iMac! Why did they have to ditch a form factor that was doing brilliantly. :confused:In this case, they did it by sacrificing on sound quality! :(

Yep .. I own the new thin iMac, and the built-in speaker definitely surpass any laptop speaker out there.

Being thinner, it actually has a bit deeper bass response than any previous gen iMacs. For a built-in speaker, it's definitely far from "shame and lame" like you claimed.

So I don't understand, what do you mean with lame? Do you compare it with external speaker? Well of course it wouldn't sound as good as my B&W floorstand stereo speaker connected to my iMac via Yamaha receiver. Who are you kidding? Doh..

nzalog

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
While your last point may be true, this is Mac rumors, which makes this kind of "news" exactly what the site is designed around. So go elsewhere if you are going to complain about this not being news.

Don't agree... there has be some interesting articles on here and I'll continue to visit. However, I want to know some facts or rumors that actually have a really good chance of happening from some Apple insider. Instead we just hear anything any analyst thinks, some of it almost as bad as "next iPad will be better" or "next iPhone will have a faster chip that uses a little less power". Sorry this is just the general progress of all electronics. Die size shrinks, processors run faster with less power and require less cooling. So with that concept you too can be an Apple analyst. Sorry it's just ****** lame...

I'm not trying to piss anyone off, and yes, I do have the option of just skipping an article. But like I said, I do enjoy this site, I just wish they had slightly higher standards on what is posted.

carlgo

macrumors 68000
Dec 29, 2006
Monterey CA
Actually the big iPad is the only Apple product that should be thinner and lighter than it is now. And the bezels will be narrower, so it will be smaller as well. This will be a good upgrade, one I am definitely waiting for.

displaybly

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2013
samsung is catching up. hurry!apple

LED backlight source has many advantages that other light sources are impossible to achieve. If you want you can check out the feature of light sources http://www.displaybly.com/led-backlight-news/the-light-sources-of-backlights/. One thing impresses me most is that apple compay alway pursuits the latest technologies intergrating with our lives. another thing, apple has a great competitor samsung. If apple cannot lanch an innovative product asap, I am afraid that it is evitable to decline off the top.:(

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.