'More' Finder contextual menu isn't there

Discussion in 'OS X' started by elbruelsio, Feb 8, 2010.

1. macrumors member

I was recently looking at an Automator example and found that I do not have a 'More' finder contextual menu.

[​IMG]

My contextual menu has the following instead:

[​IMG]

Can anyone tell me why this is so? Also, the Automator tutorial describes the ability to save a workflow as a Finder plug-in and I do not have that option in Automator. I am on OS X 10.6.2.

Here is the tutorial.

Thanks!

2. Guest

spinnerlys

I don't have that option too, but that may be due to me not setting up any Automator scripts.

Hmm, I also have 10.6.2.

3. macrumors P6

-aggie-

Same here. I've looked at Automator to see if there's a setting and there's not.

Edit: I believe it has to do with the Keyboard preference. However, there's no More there.

4. macrumors P6

-aggie-

Also, it's something that was in Leopard. Snow Leopard has a different way to do it, so no more More. You use what I said in the first Edit and create an item in the Services under Keyboard Shortcuts in System Preferences to add Automator (I called it Work Flow. Then when you do the Option click, you get the ability to add pics to the work flow. See this thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=785659

5. thread starter macrumors member

To save anyone else the trouble, here is the answer that I found most helpful and is another thread deep into aggie's link. Thanks, aggie!