More G5 "Sighting" Nonsense

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by Hemingray, May 3, 2002.

1. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

2. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

The reason I don't read spymac. And also the reason I'm here. :)

3. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

4. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    why is it

that i know this info is pure dookie.

but deep down i hope, somehow, it may be true.

what on earth would cause such baseless optimism?:confused:

5. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

haha. i did indeed enjoy a laugh with that one.

6. BeerDrinker29 macrumors regular

You're missing out, that thread is quite funny. The sad part, if it was true he pretty much made sure he'll get caught now :)

(don't fool yourself -- every forum (including this one!) has its share of silly threads)

7. jaykk macrumors 6502a

what a joke

I didnt realize that people in that forum is that stupid.. LOL.. i am glad that i found this forum during MWSF02

8. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

what's interesting is that there ARE people there on spymac who put the guy in his place... so at least there are some people there in their right mind. just too bad they put out any old junk rumor they can think of

9. voicegy macrumors 65816

voicegy

Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
    Hi, I'm Buffy!

"Like, I'm "Biff" and, like, here is a picture of what I look like. So, like, don't tell my boss and stuff that I (hee-hee) hide in closets (har-har) during meetings (titter-gafaw) and SPY on new product mock-ups that Apple employess (hahahaha!) stupidly bring by. Oh, and here's a picture of my (hardy har har!!) tape recorder that I'm gonna use next time they come!"

That was FABULOUS! Another reason to turn my nose up at Spymac. Thank goodness for MacRumors.

(and what's with those dang-nabbed avatars over there? Geesh, there's more stupid, bandwidth hogging, butt-ugly, messy avatars than there is content!):eek:

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

This is great! I can't wait till next week when he gets an audio clip, what a riot!:rolleyes:

I haven't been to spymac recently, but the more I see over there the more I really like MacRumors. The site is way too busy in the forum seciton and I was surprised to see that they only have a little over 2500 members. MR has way more than that, almost twice at 4700. I think that says it all.

11. BeerDrinker29 macrumors regular

You guys are really hard on other sites! Wow! I visit all the rumor forums and enjoy them all. They all have good information. Sometimes MacRumors has good threads (like the Server analysis), sometimes AI has good threads (for the technical stuff) and sometimes Spymac has good threads. I would be surprised if I'm the only one who participates in all three forums.

And that member count thing doesn't really make macrumors look good. SpyMac has only been around for 3 or 4 months, and they already have more than half the amount of members MR has gotten in their 3 or so years.

So can we stop changing EVERY thread that is about MOSR or Spymac into a "I love MacRumors" thread? It's a bit tiring -- I would much prefer to talk about the rumor on hand.

12. big macrumors 65816

big

Just an Urban Planner here, but didn't that guys ip address get filed away when he posted? however, this is why I will wait before I turn in the G3 (though slow) over buying a top of the line G4, in no way could compete w/what apple will do with the G5 (in speculation ie...Altivec in G4's)

13. Gyroscope macrumors regular

Two years ago Steve Jobs promised to us that the megahertz gap will be closed. So what he was thinking back then I dunno. The reality is that Intel with P4 will brake 3 ghz probably by the end of the year. Soon(maybe next week) new chipsets will support 533 FSB with 10XX fast RDRAM. Not only that megahertz gap hasnt been closed. It has almost tripled. So what is going on here? It really hurts to read posts where mac users are dreaming of something that Wintel folks take for granted these days, and still paying top dollar for fancy apple desktops. Ok Im talking performance here only. I am aware of myriad of advantages that Macs have over PC.(including cool OS X ).
    Anyway I think that apple is in serious trouble here.

14. BeerDrinker29 macrumors regular

Re: Re: More G5 "Sighting" Nonsense

The last part of your post really made me laugh, thanks :)
    Maybe the 1GHz bus is what MOSR has been talking about recently

15. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

ROTFLMAO!!!

This guy is gonna hide in a closet and videotape the next meeting?!?!?!?!?!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.....

*breathe*

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah....

*tears streaming from eyes*

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.....

(OK, that's enough) :D

16. iH8Quark macrumors 6502

17. theranch macrumors 6502

horrible

That rumor is horrible....it's so bad that it is on spymac. I stopped going there after the whole iwalk fiasco.

18. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

let's say someone sees the actual chip...so what

it takes time to make a full product like a powermac after the chip is made by motorola

i heard people saying they saw the g4 chip but there was a time lag before we saw the g4 powermac line

and once that was announced, more time to wait before i actually saw a machine in the store

19. Hemingray thread starter macrumors 68030

Hemingray

I can just picture it... the big day arrives, he's all set up and ready to videotape, and the cops come in:

"Son, COME OUT OF THE CLOSET! ...with your hands up!"

:D

20. Hemingray thread starter macrumors 68030

Hemingray

21. iGav macrumors G3

"Biff Tannen" Man.... he's cracking me up......

That diagram is supreme......... :p :p :p

22. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

Unfortunatly the last guy that posted called him an idiot, so perhaps we won't see any footage :(

rower, be carefull, Monty Python made a episode about a killing joke.
    This could well be yours. :D
    Must agree, I had some great laugh, both with comments here on this thread as with that biff guy :D

23. macstudent macrumors 6502

macstudent

And this new computer is a downgrade with the amount of RAM it holds? Now the g5 will support up to 1 gig of ram?

I think a 4 year old could come up with a better rumor.

24. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Did anyone see anything? The site is down now. Damn I hate missing out on these things.:mad:

25. andrew.thornton macrumors newbie

Spymac forums are down for optimization....a bit fishy if you ask me - probably spymac is overloaded - half the mac community want the skinny on the G5's

Come on Biff spill the beans!!!