More Games on Intel Mac

Discussion in 'Games' started by Khaine, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Khaine macrumors newbie

I have a 20" Intel Core Duo w/ 1.5gig ram and the 128 card.

I have tested and working Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005. Runs Great under Rosetta. No patch that i know of.

I also had Stubbs the Zombie working although no matter what graphical setting there is huge lag if anything more than 2 -3 ppl are on the screen.

Right now im working on getting Baldurs Gate II and Homeworld 2 from a friend. Looking forward to testing them. Ill keep it updated as i go.

2. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

Halo runs fine under Rosetta on maximum settings on a 17" Intel iMac 1Gb RAM. Even with Safari and others open in the background, it doesn't seem to flinch.

Command & Conqeur Generals isn't the smoothest, but it works.

3. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Splinter Cell, CC: First to fight, and Halo all run great under rosetta w/ 512 of RAM... I cant wait until I upgrade to 2 Gbytes!

4. Khaine thread starter macrumors newbie

Homeworld 2 now comfirmed working under rosetta. Flawless on full graphical settings.

5. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Many games seem to work fine under Rosetta, but I still think we need more UBs. Because, no matter what, native owns emulation. Except for Starcraft, where it really doesnt matter because Starcraft will run on ANYTHING perfectly fine made in the past 10 years. o_O

6. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

amazing that people still play a game that is approx. 10 years old.

7. erkanasu macrumors 6502

i bought starcraft yesterday, hahha. i have prob bought and sold this game 5 times in past 10 years

8. mkaake macrumors 65816

just goes to show that fun is not tied to graphical prowness of a game... which is why I still use my SNES more than any current gen systems...

9. aussie_geek macrumors 65816

aussie_geek

How do you get halo to run well?? I have it on my dual G5 2.5 GHz and it jumps all over the place...

What settings do you use?

aussie_geek

10. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

How much ram and what graphics card to you have, it is unlikely but a lack of HD space my also cause slow downs.

11. Khaine thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone try out SNES 9x for Mac? I cant get it to work properly, i must get my Earth Bound fix.

12. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

Mine is working perfectly fine under Rosetta. What version are you using? I'm currently using 1.42.

13. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

I have everything on max, on my dual G5 2.5. It's very smooth. Halo needs a pretty decent graphics card (on any computer), so if you have the stock 9600, upgrade it to something better. 9800 would improve things, X800 would improve things a lot. Also make sure you're running the latest version.

--Eric

14. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

It's my friends Intel iMac. I think it's the bog standard 17" off the shelf model apart from the RAM has been bumped up to 1Gb (plus BT mouse & keyboard but thats neither here or there!) Apart from that I'm not sure what else...the game just seems to run. It was one of the first things he installed and ran! We were all really impressed! (and just sat back and watched his amazing shooting skills! but anyway...)

Rosetta just seems to cut through it like butter.

Strange that your G5 is jumpy.

Command & Conquer: Generals does run slower and is jumpy at times through Rosetta, but it runs perfectly on my 12" PB, so Rosetta wins some, loses some!

15. jeffy.dee-lux macrumors 6502a

I've got a 17inch Intel iMac with 512Mb RAM. Halo was decent for me but definitely would get pretty slowed down at times in the game. I'm looking forward to giving it another shot when the UB comes out.

16. weepingminotaur macrumors newbie

Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn

Hi guys,

I have a 17-inch Intel iMac and I'm trying to run my old Mac OS X copy of Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. I can run single-player mode fine, but I want to run a multi-player session where I can make 6 characters from scratch and control 'em all myself. However, whenever I try to launch the session (after creating a few test chars), I get the following error:

An assertion failed in InfGame.cpp at line number 6152

Can anyone help me out?

Cheers

17. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

If you have FSAA on, try turning it off and see what happens. FSAA seems to dramatically reduce the performace on any computer ive used (although i haven't used a dual 2.5GHz G5)

18. penter macrumors 6502a

penter

whats ub?

19. Virtualball macrumors 6502

That means a Universal Binary, its a program that isnt emulated under Rosetta in Mac OS X

20. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Hey, the Marathon online community is still huge, and that's 15yrs (or thereabouts)