more heat issues ):

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by atad6, Aug 18, 2006.

1. atad6 macrumors regular

Jul 7, 2006
    as you may have known from a previous thread i just got my macbook pro back after three weeks in apple care for a logic board replacement. today i left my mbp and it went to sleep. when i came back later the light was no longer pulsing and when i opened the lid it wouldn't wake up. also the notebook was unbearably hot. it seems that somehow it awoke from sleep and started heating up but i have no idea how. has anyone encountered this before. i really don't think i can stand to send my notebook in again as a one week repair turned into three. i'm just really started to get frustrated with this machine and apple. any help would be great. thanks!
  2. atad6 thread starter macrumors regular

Jul 7, 2006
    i was reading on apple's forums and it seems like this has been a problem before. somehow the mbp wakes up while the lid is down. in my case i figured out it was because my bluetooth mouse was moved and it caused the notebook to wake up while the lid is down, which is bad because it caused the machine to get really hot. i turned off the ability for the machine to wake up by bluetooth but still i don't want this to be something i have to worry about. i don't want to wake up in the middle of the night and have my macbook on fire. i know i should just shut it off, but i'd really like it if the sleep mode worked properly. right now it's working fine since i shut wake up by bluetooth but i'm still a little worried. it almost seems like some sort of bug where the machine will wake up normally with no regards to whether or not the lid is closed or not. has anyone else experienced this problem. i just don't want to fry my macbook.

EDIT: It seems the notebook was designed to do this:

even so, the mpb gets way to hot when awake with the lid closed. i think i fixed it by turning off wake by bluetooth but i'm still looking into it.

is there anyway to not let the mpb wake up if the lid is closed?