More iChat AV Mac-PC problems

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Macaddicttt, Sep 12, 2004.

1. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Apr 22, 2004
    San Diego, CA
    I know I posted on this before, but I can't seem to get a video chat going with my girlfriend who is using AIM 5.9 (the new version was released a few days ago). It keeps saying that she is in another video chat when I know she isn't. I think the problem is on my end because I found something called tryaimpc, which is a screenname with which you can test your video connection, and I cannot connect to it either. I could connect to my girlfriend over Yahoo! Messenger, but it doesn't always work right and I would rather use iChat. I am thinking it might be a problem with my internet connection because I am at a university, and they have some sort of block that keeps you from running servers, etc. I cannot seem to find out what ports they are blocking, so I can't be sure if that is the problem. Is there a way to find out what ports are blocked by using some third party? Can I use Network Utility? And if they are blocking ports, is there some way around this?

I would really appreciate any help with this. Thanks a lot.
  2. homerjward macrumors 68030

May 11, 2004
    fig tree
    [ot]there's a new version out?! i need it! give it to me now! i need a t3 line so i can get it faster. more speed! more speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/ot]

edit: it BLOWS!!!!! more features for the sake of more features, about doubles the minimum size of im windows and im on a small screen adn still no tabbed imiing!!!! if youre gonna make it bigger make it better. dont waste your time dl'ing it folks...