More iPhone Features Coming? Video Recording on iPhone?

Discussion in ' News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 13, 2007.

1. macrumors bot

Apr 12, 2001
    [​IMG] reports that Apple has confirmed that "plenty more upgrades" are coming for the Apple iPhone.
    Some even suggest that Apple is spacing out updates intentionally to provide gradually added functionality over months. One insider even claims that Apple is planning on adding video functionality with Youtube upload integration:
    Article Link
  2. macrumors regular

Dec 19, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    iphone updates

crazy :)

release the updates apple! make a killing! heh
  3. macrumors P6

Feb 3, 2005
    Right side of wrong
    wow, now this is just what i want: video recording. especially since i always have my phone with me
  4. macrumors 68030

Jun 17, 2005
    Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
  5. macrumors member

Jul 1, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    I will believe it when I see it

Maybe we won't see video recording untill second gen iphone
  6. macrumors regular

Nov 4, 2003
    Hope they don't drag out the feature cycle tooooo long.
  7. macrumors member

Jul 29, 2004
    East Lothian, Scotland.
    Cat and mouse

Am i the only one thinking that these updates will be released gradually simply to allow Apple to keep chasing the mouse?
  8. macrumors 68040

Feb 6, 2007
    google owns youtube right? In that case they are already teamed up with youtube right? Video recording is something I really wish was on this baby. Makes me cringe to see the crapp videos my freinds take with their razrs knowing if only my phone took that really only a software update though?
  9. macrumors 68000

Mar 10, 2005
    Los Angeles, California
    if they give me Video Recording and Picture messaging in this iPhone. I would buy another iPhone, just to show how much I appreciated it cause those are 2 KEY features for me that those free phones do and my god damn $600 phone does. not. do :eek:

Sending multiple text messages would be cool too (when you gotta tell a few people the same thing, sucks typing it over and over) but again, if they give me video recording (let alone, uploading to YouTube) and picture messages (so I can finally cancel my Verizon phone) ill be soooo ever sooo ever sooo happy :cool:
  10. JC4
    macrumors member

Apr 19, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    What's the marketing advantage of dragging out the most in-demand features, FLASH, mail-mass-delete, MMS....? Or dragging out bug-fixes like iPod that doesn't crash when surfing...?
  11. macrumors 6502a

Nov 29, 2005
    Red Sox Nation

It's great that Apple is planning updates. It would be much better if they just released the "normal" updates now (ie things other people already have). It was quite annoying to be at a concert where everyone is using their phones to take video and I can't. That's just silly. So get the features out the door that are pretty "everyday" and space out the super awesome amazing ones that no one else has. Please.
  12. macrumors 68000

Jun 30, 2003
    Motor City
    #12 is this phone going to process and upload video if it cant even play music and surf at the same time?
  13. macrumors 6502

Aug 4, 2006
    the reef
    now if they would only listen to all the complaints and feature requests they get for the touch

the touch is the mini of the iPod world
  14. macrumors 6502

Sep 30, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

Seems like video upload would be better suited for a 3G iPhone...though it could be a wifi only like the iTunes store?
  15. macrumors 65816

Jul 24, 2007
    Ok Apple, prove it. I have yet to see one major complaint addressed. Copy/paste, Flash, MMS, landscape keyboard in text and email, iChat... those are all major complaints and wants. Fix one of them and maybe I will believe that everything will be given to us over the next few months. I am happy with my phone as is and enjoy new features, but I'm not going to believe this until I see something major addressed.
  16. macrumors 68000

Oct 3, 2005
    Nelson, BC. Canada

.. so long as you do something about Roger's data-pricing and coverage, here in the Kootenays! :(
  17. macrumors regular

Oct 5, 2006
    The Wait

Yeah Apple, just release those updates and applictions real slow now.

While others pass you by and take your marketshare & mindshare away.

Hmm reminds me of the old days.

Still haven't learned your lessons in all these years.

You should have had the SDK ready or at least announced it at the iPhone intro.

18. macrumors newbie

Oct 30, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    that problem was fixed for me months ago... my ipod hasnt crashed while surfing in a long time :cool:
  19. macrumors G5

May 2, 2002
    I think the "spacing out" has a great deal to do with the fact that these things take WORK, and not everything can be done simultaneously. (Look at how they needed to pull people from Mac Leopard for iPhone Leopard.) People do love a good Evil Apple Conspiracy though ;)

No other company is "passing" the iPhone solution at present--they're even LESS able to deliver than Apple's team. These things aren't as easy as they sound.
  20. macrumors regular

May 3, 2005
    i just want a junk email filter so i can quit wasting my time deleting thousands of stupid emails.
  21. macrumors 68020

Feb 23, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Why haven't they added the most basic feature that is driving me nuts ... I want the ability to change SMS, calendar and voicemail ringtones. What has it been, 4+ months and its still not there ?!

Come on Apple, wake up.
  22. macrumors regular

Sep 25, 2006
    I believe Steve said this on the very first iPhone presentation as well, didn't he? That's the whole point of not having the limitations of most other phones, the completely re-configurable user interface.

Having used an iPhone now for a few days, I absolutely love the little device.

And as some are complaining that they can not have the querty keyboard horizontally when sendind tex/sms messages, well, it is obviously no big deal as it already works with URL in Safari... it's all coming guys :)

Watch this thing take off when the 3rd party dev kit is out next spring! I personally like a little "quality control/guidance" by the manufacturer of the device, I've had enough negative experience with the Nokia E61.

Go iPhone! :apple:
  23. macrumors 68020

Aug 31, 2003
    Wherever my feet take me…
    Something I'd LOVE to see, but I know will never happen, is have Apple add Google's Android cell phone thing. Apple will never do it, but would be cool.
  24. macrumors newbie

Aug 28, 2007
    don't forget push

And would Push email be that much of a friggin' feature to offer? Why doesn't AT&T offer it for 10 bucks more? I would gladly pay 10 dollars to be able to reply to clients with this stupid ass phone and not have to promote Yahoo! at the bottom. And not have to use a stupid yahoo address to begin with. You can't even change the reply-to on the yahoo account so now I have to have my professional address, and this dumbass yahoo one.

As smart as Steve is, I saw this one coming as soon as he said "Yahoo is providing push email". I pushed something into my shorts on that one!
  25. macrumors 68020

Dec 25, 2006
    That is exactly why it is so pathetic that they haven't added these things yet. Especially with the landscape keyboard because the hugest criticism of the phone by far was how hard it is to type and even though they have it implemented half way they can't add it all around after three freaking updates nor any other highly requested feature that any free phone in the world has. I love the iPhone and am waiting for the 2nd gen till i get mine but that pisses me off. :mad: