More iPod Problems/Questions

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by madforrit, Jun 18, 2003.

1. madforrit macrumors regular

Hey everyone,

Alright, so about 2 weeks ago I got my 15 gig iPod. It has required a "reset" about 10 times since purchase. In addition, I notice that it ends a lot of my songs prematurely (even some that I very recently ripped using the latest iTunes). Not just prematurely, but like a quarter into the song.

So with these two problems, I want to know how much I should tolerate them. I kinda want a new ipod now because this reset thing is worrysome.

I got it at an Apple Store. My "10-day return policy" thing just passed. Should I go and ask what's up, and if I do, what do you think they'll do? I don't want them to send it in for repair and sit around for a month waiting for it. Sheesh.

Thanks.

--mad :mad:

2. toughboy macrumors 6502a

toughboy

I can imagine how frustrating they are.. I'm a 2G 10Gb iPod owner and my baby does crush once in a century nearly..

Have you ever tried to reinstall the firmware by connecting the iPod to ur mac/PC??

the problems you stated does not give enough idea about if the problem is softwarely or hardwarely caused.. I'd say, lets hope that its software, and it gets solved when you format your iPod...

If it doesnt, I guess you'll need to go to the Apple Store and they'll replace your iPod hopefully..

Good Luck..:)