More Leopard features uncovered...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dongmin, Aug 10, 2006.

1. dongmin macrumors 68000

Jan 3, 2002
    Some Leopard features uncovered and posted on 'Aero XP'. (The story has been posted on Appleinsider.)

2. dongmin thread starter macrumors 68000

Jan 3, 2002
    New features uncovered, part 2

Hmmm, I wonder if these fall under the "Top Secret" features that Apple is keeping close to its vest...
  3. Chundles macrumors G4

Jul 4, 2005
    I wouldn't think so, some of them are expected (resolution independence and full 64bit support) some of them are unexpected but not beyond the realm of the educated guess from those in the know.

The Developer Preview of Leopard is unlikely to contain any of the really juicy stuff - the frameworks are there but we won't see anything beyond the sneak peak until at least MWSF next year. I'm expecting to see a revamped Finder (though I don't really have any problems with the current one), a fully unified and slicker UI and some really killer new features (nearly all the stuff from the WWDC viewing is available today from 3rd party apps).

At least I now know I have till next year to save up for it.
  4. LoveMacMini macrumors regular

Jul 30, 2006
    As much as I hate to say this ... Unless it's in an Apple Press Release or Tech Document, I don't belive it.
  5. blueflame macrumors 6502a

Apr 3, 2003
    Studio City
    ichat 4.0?
    do you think it will be possible that, in ichat 4.0 i could show someone you desktop, so basically show them what I am doing on my screen? this would be really helpful when trying to help someone.
  6. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

Sep 6, 2005
    Yup - you can actually preview it on Apple's Leopard Preview site (I think...)
  7. Rend It macrumors 6502

Oct 27, 2003
    United States
    Is this a fake?

Is it just me? I'm kind of surprised this thread hasn't received more attention. The "new" features here seem very interesting compared to what was demoed at the keynote. Especially how much new stuff is implemented on a system-wide basis so that other apps can take advantage of it.

Or, is this just someone's hopeful speculation? :rolleyes:
  8. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
    Because it's been posted many times in macrumors forum before.
  9. aswitcher macrumors 603

Oct 8, 2003
    Canberra OZ
    Jobs must have known it would all leak out. I bet they made it "Secret" delberately to stir up more hype like this.