More Leopard Info

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iHateWindows, Jan 28, 2006.

1. dolphin842 macrumors 65816

dolphin842

Hmm... with months to go before WWDC, the folks at LoopRumors either have someone real deep within Apple, or are just exercising the speculative muscles.

In any event, more home integration features would be nice. I'd be interested to see Apple's take at simplifying the whole home media situation... perhaps someday.

As for more full-screen applications, I find it hard for something like iTunes to be more useful in full-screen (isn't that essentially what FrontRow does?).

2. cgratti macrumors 6502a

cgratti

when is the next WWDC

3. dolphin842 macrumors 65816

dolphin842

It's been in June ever since '03 I believe. Last year it was more towards the beginning of the month.

4. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

Full screen apps? Do they mean like the full screen editing in iPhoto 6?

I don't want OS X to end up looking like Windows with every app taking up all of the screen real estate.

5. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

If this is true (and personally, I think that this is only speculation), then I would imagine that it would be the former - i.e. apps have full screen capabilities, should you chose to use it, and probably only for certain functions

Particularly on the bigger displays, if an app was forced to full screen, the majority would be completely unusable.

6. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

I guess it would be okay if Full Screen was an option, for those people that enjoy it.

Hopefully it's only speculation, though.

7. Chuckles macrumors member

Chuckles

Sounds cool so far. I do have one problem, though. In the first "installment," it talks about a more animated dock and maybe sounds. This would drive me crazy! This is Apple, though. They'll find some way of making it good.

8. Orlando Furioso macrumors 6502

Orlando Furioso

"Making it good" = A convenient/easy way to turn it off; or Off by default.

I love the idea of full screen apps. I primarily use the full screen mode in Photoshop. It helps to know keyboard shortcuts though. Lightroom has an interesting implementation of full screen design. Hidden tools, info-tabs, and "film-strip" (?), areas appear when you mouse to their respective side of the screen. I had never seen anything similar to it before. I likes it very much.

9. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Making more apps so that they can go full-screen is a good way to make computers more appliance-like. Seems like a good idea to me. There are apps that it will work for like the iLife apps, movie players, etc. Some apps though need to be non-full-screen like Office, FCP, etc.