More Mac Resellers after Intel Switch?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by berkleeboy210, Jul 30, 2005.

1. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

Sep 2, 2004
    Boston, Massachusetts
    I know you guys are sick of hearing about the Intel Switch and all, but I've been thinking about this for a while, and was wondering what your opinons were.

Once the Intel Switch goes into full gear, do you think we will see more retail stores selling Macs because they are using the intel chip and something that is more familiar to consumers?

Do you think it will boost apple's sales if they let more stores sell there products?
  2. pcdoctor macrumors member

Jan 28, 2002
    I hope so. I also hope the prices will be reasonable. I'm very excited about this! I would assume Office Depot, OfficeMax, Circuit City, Best Buy would get in on this.
  3. Xephian macrumors 6502a

May 2, 2005
    United States
    Most likely the prices will drop since Intel processors are more cheaper to make.
  4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

Jul 28, 2003
    Citizens Bank Park
    But R&D will be up because many of the Macs will have to be totally redesigned. Prices will probably be about the same.

The Intel switch will not make Macs sold at more stores then they are now. The only thing that will make more stores carry Macs is if more people start to buy them. Supply and Demand.
  5. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

Oct 11, 2004
    On the Left Coast - Victoria BC Canada
    What makes you think that Intel chips will make the slightest bit of difference?

Apple makes it extraordinarily difficult and expensive to get a dealership authorization. Then they "allow" the dealer to make 3% profit margin, that is, when the dealer can get shipments of product. Then they offer price undercutting and free shipping from the Apple online store, and open a company store next door with all the new product that the reseller can't get. Then, they allow department stores, big boxes, drug stores and electronic stores to sell the most popular and profitable consumer goods in competition with their authorized dealers.

So what was the question again?

If a bankrupt independent reseller closes their doors, and everyone is at the Apple Store in the mall, does it still make a sound?