More Mac Sightings...

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by edesignuk, Dec 27, 2002.

1. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Yes I know, it's another one of those 'mac sightings' threads :D :rolleyes: :p

But what the hey...

The christmas special of Absolutely Fabulous (big comedy series in the UK) is just on TV and in the kitchen where they used to have a cube and a 15" studio they now have a nice FP iMac.
    Also the other night on the BBC's 'Test the Nation 2002' the people in the studio checking e-mails etc all had 17" FP iMacs too!
    I also just downloaded Goldmember this afternoon ( ;) ) and watched it for the first time, and in it (this has probably been mentioned before, sorry) Austin uses a TiBook! :D GROOOOVY!

Anyone spotted anymore recently?

2. Wes
    macrumors 68020

Wes

Well in the brochure for my 43inch Pioneer Plasma, it has a guy using a tibook to surf the web on the tv.

3. macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

?!?!?! there's a christmas special of Ab Fab? Dammit and damn me for not living in the UK. i got the 4th season on DVD for christmas... and i've been dying for more, more MORE! last i heard, the series was completely finished... hmm

Well, maybe i'll be lucky and our BBC or ComCentral will pick it up...

:)
    pnw

4. Wes
    macrumors 68020

Wes

Wait a month and then do a search on Kazaa would be my advice...

5. macrumors 604

scem0

You can see macs on TV ALL THE TIME. I saw one in a whitney
    houston music video. She was on her powerbook :D.

6. macrumors 6502

Dear god, you shouldn't be watching Whitney Houston video's, you should be watching Jay Fiedler ROMP over the Patriots on Sunday:eek:

Attached Files:

7. macrumors 68030

medea

heres one though not from TV, it's on Samsungs site. There is not only an iPod but an iBook as well, funny thing is that samsung actually makes PC's! http://www.samsungelectronics.com/

Attached Files:

8. macrumors 68030

medea

and another one just spotted, after That 70's Show was over some new show called What I Like About You came on and Jennie Garth has a flatpanel iMac.

9. macrumors regular

The show 24 has FP iMacs and Powerbooks.
    In Zoolander they have a CRT iMac

10. macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Re: More Mac Sightings...

If you look closely, in the lab where Austin is in the car, there is a whole rack full of G4 towers... you can see it pretty well if you see the part where Austin is talking to Basil... in the window next to Basil are the towers.... when I first spotted them, I thought 'shweeeeeet :D'

irmongoose

11. macrumors P6

wdlove

"All My Children" 1pm Monday December 30th 4 Women setting up a new cosmectics company, spend the hour brainstorming for a name. Each with a dream sequence, personal dreams. The new name, "Infusion." Dream sequence office for the new company with all Apple computers, great advertising. Mainly iMacs & Cinema Displays 17" & 23" :) :)

12. macrumors 6502a

Actually I thought Austin used a powerbook, but I could be wrong.

13. macrumors 68040

Re: Re: More Mac Sightings...

Same thing, just a little nickname we all use. Titanium Powerbook= TiBook

14. macrumors 6502a

Re: Re: Re: More Mac Sightings...

Oh:eek: I've been meaning to ask what that meant. :D

15. macrumors P6

wdlove

"CSI: Miami: Wet Foot/Dry Foot" 10pm Monday December 30th showed an iMac.

16. macrumors 65816

alset

As a student at a recording school, I always notice how prominently Macs are featured in Pro Audio magazines. The greatest place to look for them in print would have to be music gear advertisements.

Dan

17. macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

OK now don't flame me or anything, but on the tv show Fastlane Tiffani Theissen's character has an iMac at her desktop that is always being used be her.

All of the WB shows that have a shot with a computer in it are Macs, the WB I believe has some sort of contract with Apple over it.

18. thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Why would anyone flame you? :confused:

19. macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

You never know, not many people think Fastlane is quality tv. I enjoy it for what it is though...

20. thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Oh right, I didn't know you were talking about the show, I have no idea what it is living in the UK, but if it's got Tiffani Thiessen in it can't can't be all bad ;) :D

21. macrumors regular

Happy New Years, By the way....

Did you notice that VH1 uses macs for all of their TV ads featuring their internet site? They dont show the computer, but when they click on stuff, the black and white spinning thing come up.

Also (and I'm ashamed to say I know this) they use them on Lifetime TV commercials. A lady is sitting at her iBook, clicking on a giant LIFETIMETV.COM thing in the middle of her screen.

One more... In the new Sum 41 video, the manager guy is using a TiBook, but they have obscured the apple logo to be a circle.

(by the way, I would have to say that this is one of the cool things about owning a mac. Do you think people with a compaq even notice or care when they see one? I totally dig this!)

22. macrumors 6502a

Gateway ad with Powerbook

MacNN reports that the latest issue of PC Magazine contains an advertisement for Gateway, which features an Apple PowerBook G4 being used to listen to music in an advertisement titled "Shoot, Edit, or Jam."

Gateway Ad
    Enhanced Scan of Image

23. macrumors 603

OutThere

Normally, in Motor Trend magazine if they have an as for their website the screenshot will almost always be the website viewed using IE in OS9.

In TLC's (The TV channel) ad for their website they are always using a mac with a black promouse, aftermarket keyboard, and a apple flatpanel display.

24. macrumors 603

OutThere

Re: Gateway ad with Powerbook

Maybe there is a switcher in the midst of their adverstising company ;)

25. Guest

Every time there is a Laptop in use on The Agency(the show about the CIA) It's usually a TiBook. I did notice recently that their workstations went from SGI to Dell.