More Macbook Pro Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by esbern, Mar 25, 2007.

1. esbern macrumors newbie

May 31, 2006
    Hello again. I have another problem with my macbook pro, in addition to the previous one that nobody was able to help me with.

I have gotten to the point where I turn on my mac, go to my main user, and there would only be a blue screen without any icons or my background loading. I have reset in single user mode and tried a few things, and mainly all I can accomplish is getting the log in screen to come up so that I can get to another user. I just logged into another user, and it turns out that my computer is now reading 75 GB of free space. So, if I have done steps 5-8 on this site:, does that mean that not only is my harddrive entirely deletyed, but I cannot get the computer to still work?

I can't believe how unreliable this computer has been. I should not be dealing with this, and yet I am having more trouble with this Mac than any windows computer I have owned. I would like to mention that I have little 3rd party software, adn have no hacks.
  2. Shadow macrumors 68000

Feb 17, 2006
    Keele, United Kingdom
    First things first-boot from the Mac OS X Install Disk and try repairing the volume and repair permissions. Then, if that didn't work, try creating a new account and see if the problems carry over.
  3. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

May 16, 2006
    Central Florida!