More Mail Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eyelight, Jun 19, 2006.

1. eyelight macrumors member

May 24, 2004
    My mail problems of last week seem to have sorted themselves out ( Mail was continually downloading e-mails from the server,again and again )
    But I now have a new Mail problem. I'm consrtantly getting the message

The POP server “mail.*******.com” rejected the password for user

Please re-enter your password, or cancel.

No matter how many times I re-enter my password and ask it to remember it in my keychain, up it pops from the dock every 15 minutes or so. If I click cancel, then it takes Mail offline. Interestingly I've noticed that this isn't happening if the Mail window is open on the desktop.

Any ideas ?

Someone, responding to my last Mail problem, sugested deleting the Mail PLIST. Would this remove all the e-mails in my inbox and other mail in various folders ?

Thanks for any help.
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Removing the PLIST file will lose your account settings and your other customised Mail preferences, but won't lose your emails. However, I don't think it'd help. I had the same problem a while back, tried everything I could think of to fix it and eventually rang my ISP (who is my email provider too) and they told me it was a problem their end. Other people, using different email clients, were having the same issues. It eventually subsided. :)