More MWNY rumors

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by crassusad44, Jun 17, 2002.

1. crassusad44 macrumors 6502a

When browsing appleinsider.com, I came over this in the rumors forum. The author is Dorsal M, and the posters over at appleinsider seems to give this guy a lot of credit. Could this be what we'll see in July?

"The PowerMac G4 as we know it will be retired. Well the architecture will at least. We will see changes to the system bus, processor and general layout. Motorola has been hard at work with the 130nm G4. It will scale nicely (at least 1.5GHz by the summer) and have improved bus features. Memory access will be stellar. And you'll see why. not only will DDR SDRAM make a debut but it will not connect to the processor iin a conventional manner. More to come. Cache will also be increased on the processor level. Twice what is seen now. You will see a collaboration with another hardware company, but this will not surprise some of you in the know."

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

OMG! Another MWNY Rumors thread! I don't know if I can take it :p
    But lets face it, we can speculate until the cows come home, but we'll all just have to wait an see what Apple actually produces for us.

3. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

U should have posted this in one of the other 5,000,000,000,000 MWNY prediction threads. But, like Verbose said, we can only wait and see about MWNY.

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Good thing is that it's not far away now :D finally we will see what Apple really have to show for all the hype that's been bouncing around the forums, lets hope that they live up to some of the rumors, pleeeeease!

5. King Cobra macrumors 603

I think that some people are starting to become basically so attached to this event that everyone has made their own little prediction of what is going to happen. I bet you guys a nickel (as my math teacher says) that some people feel that this is becoming a lottery to see who made the right possible predictions.

Now, here is rumor number 5,000,000,000,001:
    I predict that the members (logged in or guests) will exceed 700, maybe 1000. I am just wondering (again) if the servers can take it.

6. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

MWNY

YOu know what? THat hardware might be the MRAM i was talking about. It IS supposed to have direct connection to the processor

7. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Bloody lurkers :D They're gonna take up all the bandwidth and we're gonna end up getting errors when we try to post, search etc saying that the server is to busy, darn it! :p

8. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

It would be quite a disapointment for our rumors not to come true. But, this isnt the last MW convention, SO DONT BE SAD IF THE G5 ISNT THERE!!! Thats just my warning to all those who are getting their hopes up.

PEACE
    0< (turn ur head and ull see a peace sign or a tv with the two antenna. But who cares, both are good)

~Bust

9. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I would think now that most arn't expecting to see a G5.
    Everyone expects DDR in the PowerMac along with around 1.4Ghz G4's, but I don't think anyone is expecting to see a G5, if they are then I feel sorry for them at MWNY when they are left dissapointed.
    Whatever happens, it should be good!

10. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

11. Liamcow macrumors member

PREDICTION!!!

I know everyone hates predictions (i do too) i just want to put my 2cents in. OK, I forsee [hopefully] colored iBooks, maybe G4 iBook, release of PodMate, maybe Some SERIOUS advances to the current G4 [not any G5s] and just a CrapLoad of fun expo!!!

12. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

Re: PREDICTION!!!

Whats a podmate????:confused: Also y do u hate predictions?Thats what this site is all about man.

Also, arent we done with the colored iBooks? Infact, I think everyones done with the whole colored scene altogether. I personally prefer the graphite and that rele cool translucent white found on the iMac LCD over some fruit color or pattern (remember the flower power and dalmation that lasted for about 10 minutes). Also, what serious advances to the G4 to u foresee? Please elaborate or else its hard to validate ur point.

~Bust

13. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

i mentioned this in my other post, but i think that the imacs will have bluetooth support.

14. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

heyhey..what exactly is the point of a rumors site if not to speculate and make predictions and discuss rumors?apart from all the other points of course :D

15. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

actually id would say this rumor unlike all the others actually has the ring of truth to it. id listen closely to this one if i were you.

16. Liamcow macrumors member

OK then

1. I only hate MWNY predictions! That is what this thread is!

2. The PodMate is in the "Mysterious minijacks on the iPod And iBook" thread.

3. Ok, i don't really WANT new iBook colors, but i know a lot of people have been pushing for it, my brother thinks white is "GAY" that's why i said "[hopefully]" to end his complaining (I also agree that they won't last more than 10 minutes)

4. The thought i had about advances upon the G4 were maybe, Faster bus, faster processors, maybe dual 1.4 Gigs. you know, not really G5s just really souped up G4s. that would force the price down and get rid of the 800MHz model.

(5). I'm just thinking about what COULD happen, I'm not saying these changes WILL happen, isn't that what rumor sites are all about, retarded speculation and ungrounded thoughts that might lead to slightly more grounded ones. i'm just guessing based on my experience. Thanks!! :)

17. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

Re: OK then

Ok, cool. Thanks for answering my post with such detail. I remember the podmate. It's the remote type attachment for the iPod. I dont think "a lot" of people want the fruits to come back and I think that most people on this site would agree with me. Also, the white is pretty much here to stay so your brother should get used to it or go to Windoze and their lame ass beige boxes. I agree with ur G4 paragraph. I also believe taht the new G4s will just be suoped up and that Apple will ditch the 800 in the tower, but keep it in the iMac. One last statement, SPECULATION IS NOT RETARDED!!!!!!

~Bust

18. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

Colors!

I need the new IBook colors to come out!

My sweet teenage girlfriend wants a pink iBook and I refuse to lose !

Jobs must do this, so that I can make her happy!

There are a lot of others out there that want the same thing,
    its not a hard thing to do, make colors for those that want it and the others can get the usual snow white.

Do it, jobs! now! or at MWNY

19. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

its not hard to do yourself you know. a lil acetone will take off the white and then just paint the inside pink and it will look pretty sharp.

20. Solipsys macrumors member

agreed

i'm with you on that... this sounds completely plausible. i've heard several times now that the g4 can scale to a limit of 1.5 ghz, and i bet we'll see something close to that... 1.4 probably.

and obviously the ddr from xserve is going to show up in the desktops. unfortunately there won't be any real surprises because the new desktops aren't going to automatically outperform apple's new server solution. we'll probably just see them catch up to the xserve specs across the board... maybe with firewire2 if we're lucky :)

21. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

you know that is something i ahd sort fo wondered about as well. the whole desktops out competing the xserves. moto is sampling chips at 1.2 1.4 and 1.5 ghz and recent rumors suggest they may be able to get quantity at 1.5 ghz. so will apple release a powermac that is so much better than the server? well cpu power isnt so much of an issue with servers so maybe, but it does seem odd.

as far as FW2, according to that rumor from a few days ago they are planning on sampling in july which means 1st quarter 2003 at the earliest, but hey apple is good at surprises.

what i woudl really like is every mac bundled with a monkey. its annoying having to type myself and having to change cds when im done burning one. also the swivel lcd on the imac is cool but it would be nice to have a monkey move it for me. with remote desktop i can do a lot while away, but with a monkey i could still switch cds and stuff while away, via remote monkey control. with a monkey at the computer 24/7 it would greatly increase productivity. [btw ive been awake for over 50 hours minus a 2 hour nap about 24 hours ago, but i still think this monkey feature is a great idea].

22. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

so is the XServe going to be updated simultaneuously with the PowerMacs so that they are as powerful as possible?

23. decimal macrumors newbie

24. Liamcow macrumors member

I thought firewire 2 wasn't coming out for like 6 months...?

25. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

Decimal~

That link made me feel quesy!

Where did you find that thing, alot of work went into it and I found it
    to be a needless effort. I thing that most people know this.

Who is this guy that distributes his rumors via PDF?

1.2 this newyork, very sad. I would have perferred a 1.4 for all the trouble that was put into making this PDF it deserved a 1.4!