More OS X Software...

Discussion in 'MacRumors News Discussion (archive)' started by MacRumors, Aug 15, 2001.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

Screenshots of the latest Adobe Illustrator 10 for OS X have been posted.

As well... Black & White will be published for the Mac.

Oh... and the Dual 800's are shipping.... xlr8yourmac posted Altivec Fractal Demo scores from the duals... and I personally received confirmation of shipment of my personal Dual 800. :)

2. macrumors 604

MrMacMan

DAmn

Black & White is coming out for the mac. Damn. Illustrator is good news. And Dual 800 we knew where shipping.

3. Guest

Hey, anyone notice the Application Menu has made a reappearance at the top right in those Illustrator screenshots? Is that a 10.1 thang, or what? I hope it is... I don't know what kind of crack they were smoking when they got rid of _that_...

4. macrumors 68000

john123

nope

It's not a 10.1 thing -- at least not as of 5F24. There are some third-party apps you can get that re-add the application menu...

5. macrumors member

It's ASM, as in Application Switcher Menu. It's a free utility that works great. Check it out at versiontracker.com.

I wish Apple would add it back to OS X, but they aren't going to. They feel it conflicts with trying to get users to use the dock as a switcher...

6. Guest

B&W for OS X?

Any word on whether Black&White will run on OS X? Nothing at that link confirms or denies it (it just says "8.6 or higher"). Is it Carbon, or not?

7. macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Omni Group =

Carbon, enless they make in for 9.0 and then RErelease it for 10. Of coarse that would make no sense.

8. macrumors 6502

MY POST WAS DELETED!!!

I badmouthed BLACK AND WHITE AND the Sysops deleted my POST!! WHY I DEMAND TO KNOW WHY!!

9. Guest

Re: MY POST WAS DELETED!!!

because you are a fool?

10. macrumors 6502

ok.

okkkaayy....its like.........um, a guest is like telling me that "moi" is a fool? don't go there girlfriend.

11. Guest

Re: ok.

oh whys that baby? is it because its true?

I mean, you do seem to have a habit of 'posting first thinking later'.

12. Guest

Cool, thx for the link, I'll try this out.

Typical Apple boneheadedness :p. Users should be able to use what they want, especially for such a distinctively useful UI element as this one. Ahh well...

13. macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Note to pants, become a Friggen member so I can e-mail you. You are soooo Wrong I can't begin to start. There are rules.

14. macrumors member

What OS9 Extensions Are NOT Needed in OS X classic mode?

Can someone please explain how the whole classic thing REALLY works? I.E., if I use NetBarrier and Norton Antivirus and TechTools Pro extensions, etc. in OS9, do I need them under Classic mode in OSX? Will they even work? Does OSX's firewall, for example, make NetBarrier unnecessary or do I still need it to protect Classic side? I am trying to learn how Classic truly interacts with OS X.