More PPC 970 Rumors

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by maradong, May 27, 2003.

1. maradong macrumors 65816

maradong

MacBidouille posts the following.
    give me 5 minutes i will translate it.

2. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Here's the google translation. Seems good enough no need for a human translation.

3. maradong thread starter macrumors 65816

maradong

Translation

Well I hope this translation is gonna help you. I know my english is not the best. But you should get the core points of that rumor. If anybody thinks ( which is probable ) he can translate it better, just do so ...

[edit] replaced boxes with palets.. [/edit]

4. celaurie macrumors 6502a

celaurie

I'm beggining to think we're never going to see these 970's coz they're really just a myth! Every week brings a new rumour and a new date for release.

Heh, I'm more certain about Jason and the Argonauts! ;)

5. Sol macrumors 68000

Sol

Palet?

What exactly is the "palet" refered to in the translation?

By the way, if the above rumour is true then these new 970-powered Macs will indeed be unveiled next month.

6. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

I'm going nuts.....
    One thread stating they'll be coming rather later than sooner... :(
    Another thread stating they'll be coming rather sooner than later... :)
    This thread is stating they'll be just in time for WWDC... :D

Ahhhhhhrrrrrrrggggggg!!!! Can't stand it any longer! GIMME ONE!:eek:

7. .a macrumors regular

a palet is the object you put boxes on for transportation. it's mostly done out of wood.
    .a

Attached Files:

8. Snowy_River macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

Most of the rumors of late have all pointed to the same release date: WWDC. This is, of course, not hard to guess at, but still, the abundance of rumors pointing to this date makes me more optomistic...

9. maradong thread starter macrumors 65816

maradong

i m pretty optimistic to see the ppc 970 introduced at the wwcd, while i m just as pessimistic that it will be aviable before next january in the powerbooks. and that makes me feel sad. as i know i need a laptop on the latest end of august. and well, if there is no 970 .. i ll have to get a g4. It will certainly be fast enough, but i want to keep the notebook as long as possible. therefore i should be as fast as possible. ....

10. Zeke macrumors 6502

Does anyone know how large laptop motherboards are? I'm just curious if the motherboard that rumors have identified as mroe rectangular than square could possibly be the new laptop board. I have no idea though as I've never seen one so someone let me know if this is unlikely. Maybe the PM boards haven't been seen and someone mistook the laptop board for a new PM board.

11. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Interesting, normally the boxes ship wrapped in a kind of sturdy transparent cling film; this - if true - certainly would indicate a hardware product launch.

Mike.

12. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

well, in the past with the PPC 970 rumors, MacBidouille has seemed to be very confident with their information, even thought it is still really only a rumor.

looks like WWDC will be a very interesting time. hope they really are released then!:D :D

but then what about the PowerBooks? i'm hanging out for one of them more than anything else. will they also be unveiled around WWDC? i mean, it's not really a hardware conference. perhaps before then - 15" Al PowerBooks, then 970 PowerMacs!! YAY!! :D

edit>> i was just reading the ThinkSecret forums. there's a thread about WWDC there & a few people have noted that the release of a 64-bit OS (Panther) and a 64-bit Mac (970) would make sense.

some people there have also been saying that there will most likely not be any releases prior to WWDC, as that would take away from all the build-up of Panther etc.

13. Snowy_River macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

I'd lay pretty even odds (hehehe) about whether we'll see 970 PowerBooks at WWDC. In any event, I think that it's reasonably clear that we'll be seeing an upgrade to the entire line of PBs, given some of the special deals that are around on all models. So, while it may not be a 970 update, I'm getting fairly confident that we'll see something (and I just hope that it's not too lack-luster).