more problems at microsoft

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by pianoman, Jul 28, 2006.

1. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i thought this was interesting and funny... from today's washington post:

"[A] demonstration of voice recognition technology failed onstage as an executive attempted to write a Microsoft Word document with voice commands.

'Dear Mom,' he said. The program typed, 'Dear Aunt.' As he tried to delete the mistake, the voice technology wrote a bizarre, nonsensical string of words: 'so double the killer delete select all.'"

2. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

Nice...do you have a link to a web article for that too?

3. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

Excellent article! All sorts of little tidbits. There's more in there about Zune too. :p

4. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

"so double the killer delete select all.'"

Is MS trying to activate their sleeper cells?

All your base are belong to us.

5. MacAficionado macrumors 6502

I have to become the full-time champion of innovation.

Steve Ballmer:
    "I have to become the full-time champion of innovation."

That is going to be interesting. Can't wait to see the results.

Does anybody know what kind of company Microsoft is nowadays? It seems like they have lost focus and they are not really doing anything right. Just my opinion, I don't really know how the xBox is doing, but I hear people just talk about how they are waiting fot either the Wii or the PS3.

Windows is a joke, and they are looking for other areas in which to force their way into, that apparently or obviously they have no clue about and Ballmer is the innovator now. Can anybody name a technology innovated by MS?:eek:

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Or, as translated by Microsoft's voice recognition technology:

"Tip useful info projector optional squeeze scroll reflexes."

7. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

8. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

9. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    lmfao. That was good.

I hear that people are shouting for a new beta before Vista is released, which menas it may be delayed again. Wouldn't surprise me.

10. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

Perhaps they are innovating the English language. Good thing, because I was getting pretty fed up with making sense. :rolleyes:

I mean, I was triangle federal lips and her membrane.
    Sounds like I have Tourrette's.
    Wait, is that right, Ballmer?

11. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

To me this article clearly confirms that Microsoft does not know it's ass from its elbow. Ballmer is complete waste of space and they have nothing on the horizon that comes close to being "innovative."

This isn't me being anti-MS,so much but every single thing I read and hear about that company shows it's dropping further and further behind in its battles with competitors and between its own employees.

They have the money to turn it around but give it a few more years with monkeys at the helm and that company will crash. Maybe not to the bottom, but it will crash.

12. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

This is the big difference between Microsoft and Apple. Microsoft owns a license to print money with Windows and Office. This means they've got the ability to capitalize projects with almost no hope of making a profit, such as Xbox and Zune. Apple OTOH would be drubbed by every market analyst from here to Timbuktu if they failed to turn a profit immediately on any product they released. The difference can be seen is in the amount of discipline the two companies show in the development and release of new products. Apple has to get it right the first time. Microsoft, maybe never.

Or as Steve Ballmer would put it, "Disposed length drawn walnuts decanter sherry placed flows."

13. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

:D :D :D :D WTF??

Where did that happen?! Link?

14. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

Kinda funny in the way that the page says... "To use this product, you need to install free software. This product requires Microsoft© Internet Explorer 6, Microsoft© Media Player 10, and Macromedia Flash 6. To download these free software applications, click the links below and follow the on-screen instructions."

15. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-someguy

Actually, they are creating their own. When they get it popularized and everybody speaks it, they'll force, at PowerPoint, everypody to pay a license fee, or face execution by GeekSquad.

Here's an exerpt from a conversation overheard in the boardroom at Redmond Friday Night:

Ballmer:"Narg fez bek ogg boog!"
    Unknown Patsy:"Ezz faz arg oz?"
    Ballmer: "Ekk bog ozz foos!"
    Unknown Patsy: "Nogg ekk? Berr ag foz bek."
    Ballmer: "Farg nak BOZZ FNARK!" <throws chair>

16. beavo451 macrumors 6502

The XBOX is doing fairly well. One of Sony's top executives even admits that he likes playing on the 360. I think Sony's PS3 is the joke here. $600+ console and their reason for such a high price? Pure arrogance. "It's $600 because it's the PS3" It be more worth it to buy the Wii and the 360 over the PS3. The PS3 has been plagued with problem rumors, problematic specs, and questionable performance (granted those are just rumors, but Sony is being extremely hush-hush about the PS3).

They did good with XBOX Live becoming the number one online paid gaming service.

17. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-beavo451

Selling well yes, but is far from a financial success. It is a loss leader for Microsoft.

18. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

I thought that was Newtonese :p

19. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

20. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

21. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

That just puts a big smile on my face. It's really amazing that a company can lose billions over multiple products just to get their foot in the door.

22. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Serves him right! :D ;) :)