More problems on my PB, this time it won't update.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by GreyFox1221, Dec 10, 2006.

1. GreyFox1221 macrumors regular

Apr 16, 2005
    If any of you have seen my other thread you know that I have been having problems with my PB. Yesterday I brought it to the Apple Store and they took it in the back. After about 40 minutes of waiting the man came back out, smiling, and telling me everything was all fixed. He said my disks were bad and thats why they weren't installing. I found this odd because I hadn't opened the disks before this time. Whatever, as long as its fixed. After I go through the process of putting in all my information I am delighted to see that they had installed Mac OS X 10.4 on my previously 10.3 machine.

After playing around with it a little bit, I had come to the conclusion that things were still screwy. Safari wasn't opening right, programs were closing down randomly, things of that nature. I figured everything would be alright if I just updated the system. I went to Software Update and dowloaded everything. But when I got done, two things hadn't installed. They were the Quicktime update and the Mac OS X combined update. To try and fix this I "Repaired Permissions" while this helped with my random shutdowns it didn't help with the error message I got when I tried to install those two updates. I have tried restarting and I have even downloaded the update from and the installer says that my system doesn't meet the requirements. Can anyone offer any help.

Attached Files:

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

Aug 20, 2005
    Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
    Yes, take it back....if you are having this much problems with it then take it back and maybe this time they might exchange it.