More Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by paintballer, Jan 31, 2007.

1. paintballer macrumors regular

Well I posted on here about some problems I was having with my mini a while ago and I ended up taking it to the Apple Store where they replaced the RAM and Logic Board. I got it back last week and everything seemed to work ok but now after using it for a bit I am noticing a few new minor problems. The thing that bothers me the most is that I can no longer connect to my PC's HDD through my network. When I try to it just beachballs and finder stops responding for about 5 minutes then it will come up and say that it can can't find the alias. It also takes longer to shut down than before and whenever I reboot the volume goes back to the middle setting which isn't a huge problem but it is annoying. Does anyone know what would be causing this and how to fix it because I really don't want to take it to the Apple Store again.

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Have you tried to run any of your disk utilities? It sounds like a bad hardrive to me

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Delete the alias of the network connection to your PC, and Browse the network (Command-K) to re-make a connection with the PC.

4. paintballer thread starter macrumors regular

Well if you try to delete it, it says that you don't have sufficient privileges. Also another minor problem is the screensaver comes on every 15 minutes as I set it to, but it comes on even when I'm using it which is pretty annoying.

5. paintballer thread starter macrumors regular

6. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Did you repair permissions?

7. paintballer thread starter macrumors regular

It says they're all correct.

8. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

I would take it the the nearist apple store and show them whats going on

9. paintballer thread starter macrumors regular

Well I just got it back from the Apple Store and I don't really want to go down there again because it takes a hour to get there. And how would they know whats going on when my PC isn't there?

10. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

Is your account an admin account for the system?

Also, you didn't mention if you reinstalled the OS after you got it back. If they replaced the logic board, that may have something to do with it - or maybe the bad logic board snafu'd the setup before the replacement.

11. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Do you have you disks that came with you mac. As I would try to run the hardware test on the disk and see if anything comes back. As the PC problem I really don't have an anwser for you

12. paintballer thread starter macrumors regular

Yes its an admin account. No I didn't reinstall OS X, I might try it if I can't figure it out but it would be the third time I would have to set up my mac which isn't very good since I've only had it for a month. I did the hardware test and it said there wasn't any problems.

13. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

It sounds like reinstalling would be your next step.