more questions

Discussion in 'iPod' started by barnacle, Sep 17, 2006.

1. barnacle macrumors regular

barnacle

OK,, now i have another question. my 30gb video plays in the house with the klipsh promedia system just FINE!!!!! {and i mean in a 16x20 house,, it rocks!!} and in the truck as well. but,, when i take it to the beach and use the JBL sound-stage2, the dougnut looking speaker system,, every time the ipod locks up after awhile. it resets fine,, but my 2 questions are,, why does this happen?
    and are multipule resets hard on the ipod?

my new favorite saying,, "I love my ipod"
    2765 songs and growing!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Is the iPod being jolted around at all? Multiple resets aren't brilliant for the iPod but the cause of them is more worrying at this stage. Is the iPod being left in the sun? :)

3. barnacle thread starter macrumors regular

barnacle

i first saw this entire set-up was a few months back when some guests were staying here that had the exact same system. i flew to denver and came back with the ipod and JBL. while they were here, they said theirs did the same thing. and, as they had also just bought theirs a week before vacation, they didn't understand either.
    it has happened 3 times now. each time while the ipod is just sitting in the JBL doughnut, playing. we are under a thatch plalapal in the shade, no jolting, nothing. it has never happened outside the JBL onstage 2.
    when playing in the house, i set it in the JBL for charging but run it thru the klisph speakers,,, no problem there either.