More Replies Than Views

Discussion in 'Community' started by King Cobra, Jul 19, 2002.

1. King Cobra macrumors 603

I just found this in the Gen. Mac Discussion forum and took a screenshot. :D

2. mr.w macrumors regular

I saw something similar to that a couple days ago... do you think that happens if someone just stays on that particular topic (without exiting) and just keeps on posting for a while ???

3. mr.w macrumors regular

hey KC ... what are these apps on your toolbar... 8 and 9 from the left????

4. King Cobra thread starter macrumors 603

And, BTW, there is the dock on the bottom of the shot! :D :D

w-dog, I'm not too sure about that, because fyter and I bytched for days on end in the alien thread and I don't think such an error occured there.

5. King Cobra thread starter macrumors 603

>hey KC ... what are these apps on your toolbar... 8 and 9 from the left????
    I'm glad you double posted. At least edit your first post to add something, cheapo! :p :D [edit: I only did it because at the time of my first post on the thread I saw only your first post for the thread, not both of them. And I can't respond to something I can't see. :p]

Assuming the Finder is 1, the 8th would be a program I told you guys about that let you watch full scale Quicktime movies (and a few mpgs) for free. It's called PresentMovie.

The 9th item is Toast Titanium.

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

its not an error. EyeLikeArt took all the whining threads and made them one big one - he excercised his mod abilities. So what you're seeing is the total number of views for the uber-whining thread, they didn't carryover from the old ones. It wouldn't be possible any other way to have more threads than views.....

D

7. King Cobra thread starter macrumors 603

That's clever. I had no idea someone could do something like that. But I thought it was wierd when it first popped up.

So, let's see...there have been [the number of combined threads] people making their own complaints about what happened at the NY Expo and how they are abandoning Apple. That really is sad. :(

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I've done it myself a few times, for the avatar contest and once I split a thread - took out 20 or so posts and created a new thread - it got so off topic I had to.

D

9. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I guess it takes a mod to do that. I tried to make a thread like that in the hopes people would stop posting anymore but I guess since I didn't b*tch along with em the thread never went anywhere.