More switchers coming

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by hcuar, Sep 24, 2004.

1. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

Good news... Since I've gotten by PB two weeks ago, two co-workers have asked questions regarding Macs. Guess what? Both of them are now going to get PBs. One is going to get the 12" combo like mine. The other is going for the 15" combo. I about fell off my chair when they told me. I took all kinds of heckling because I bought the PB.

2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

3. bdomz macrumors member

I would have heckled my friends too about buying a powerbook. That was before I played around with the 12" at the apple store.
    Now I want one so bad, it makes my Thinkpad look like a piece of junk.

4. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

Why did you post this here in "Hardware Discussion and Help?" This is not where this type of...hmmm...this type of...uh, comment, should be. Maybe you should call Apple and tell them your story. The could quite possibly give you a free iPod for getting so many people to buy a Mac.

5. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

maybe because it gives us PC users (thinking about switching BACK to apple) a reason to switch back!

6. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

It's still HARDWARE...Perhaps the Community forum would have been best for this.

7. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

Oh fiddlesticks! :p

8. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

With all due respect, is it really that big of a deal? I think if it's that big of a problem a mod will move it. ;)

9. hcuar thread starter macrumors 65816

hcuar

Exactly... I guess i could have put it in the community section.

On to more important discussion. bdomz, get the PB!!! I was a PC user / Mac basher until 2 years ago. OS X talked me into buying one... That and seeing several of my Co-Workers buy one. I still have the one PC. I'd happily trade it for a new iMac G5. ;-)

Second interesting tidbit. I'm currently working for a company that develops software and hardware for the International Space Station. Up until a few years ago, they used only Macs for everything. Too bad they switched to PCs. There are still a few rogue systems around. (Still operational, and many still running unattended.) Anyway, I'm moving on so I guess it doesn't matter. Although my new company uses PCs as well. :(