More Than One Music Liberary In iPod?!?!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ipoddopi, Aug 27, 2004.

1. ipoddopi macrumors newbie

Aug 27, 2004
    i just bought a new 40gb ipod and in a way i'm very cross , yes it loooks very nice, but compared to a 40gb IRiver MP3 that my mate has i dont think it does very good! - other than loooks ofcorse!

all the music is jus thrown in one folder. and then seperated via artist,albums, etc. Is there any way i can make 2 folders?(2 music liberaries) one for my english music and another for the chinese music??
    AND NO not using the "genere" to seperate them and browse through genere. i wanna beable to go into each of the folders (each type of music) and browse each type without the other being there!
    so for example on the main menu it has 2 music folders, (Music and chinese Music, for example).

are there any updates? or any other little programs flaunting around on the internet which can do so?

thanks for reading!
  2. Veldek macrumors 68000

Mar 29, 2003
    First, you don’t need to ask twice.

Second, I don’t think it’s possible, because Apple wants it simple. Your whole iTunes music library is synced and you can’t have two (at once). So syncing with another library would delete the first.

I also don’t know why you want this, but the easiest workaround is to create two playlists: one for your Chinese music and one for the rest.
  3. jxyama macrumors 68040

Apr 3, 2003
    i'm afraid iPod doesn't have the feature you are wanting.

the best you can do is as suggested before this post: make two playlists, one for chinese and the other for everything else.
  4. ipoddopi thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 27, 2004
    well i'v ttried that BUT when you open a playlist they are not organised in any way! they are just all thrown in each playlist! and that is a caos when you;v got over a thousand songs!
    any other suggestions?
  5. jtgotsjets macrumors 6502

May 20, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    don't buy things based on looks alone?
  6. Mr. G4 macrumors 6502

Mr. G4

Mar 29, 2002
    Rohnert Park, CA
    Before you sync your iPod organize your sort by name, date added, album etc... and when you sync with your iPod it should be in that order.