Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
I just ordered a new imac, and i just realised. How am i going to file for more than one rebate? They both say cut off upc and attatch, but how can i do that for more than one? I have a printer rebate and then an education one. I rather just photocopy it.

wiseguy27

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2005
USA
Read and re-read the fine print

Read and re-read the fine print. If both of them say that the "original UPC" is required, then you're out of luck. You'd be better off sending the original UPC for the higher rebate. That way, you'd save more.

Or you could call Apple and confirm if you could send a photocopy of the UPC for the lesser rebate - note that this is not a guarantee in any way that the rebate will be processed. Almost all companies outsource rebate processing to other companies and the only commandment that the rebate processing entities live by is "if the submission seems to deviate even a little bit from the rules, chuck it in the trash". But if you have the patience to argue and push on, then you could actually get the rebate.

Good luck! :)

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
I photocopied the label and receipt for a printer and they accepted it. Just enclose a little note telling them why you did so, they'll understand!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.