More trouble with Limewire

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chaaalieboy, Feb 21, 2007.

1. chaaalieboy macrumors newbie

every time i search for files on limewire now i get downloads with a TON of sources. but when i double click to download it times out, says "Awating Sources" or "need more sources." I paid for the pro version and I'm starting to get a little pissed off. Often times it's the same exact download but with 20 different filenames, or its the same file name over and over again. Someone suggested that i create a new port for limewire, which i didn't think would resolve the problem, and it didn't. Is anyone else having this problem? and if so, is there anything i can do to fix it?
    (Disclaimer for Admin: I'm only downloading legal files not pirating, and neither should you)

2. 66217 Guest

I am having the same problem. It always tells me "awaiting sources" or "need more resources". In my case it is the free version, so I can't complain.

I've heard that this one os the best p2p for Mac.

3. chaaalieboy thread starter macrumors newbie

i tried aquisition, and theyre having the same problem... could this be part of a conspiracy by the production conglomerates to stifle p2p sharing? *cue dramatic music*

4. smueboy macrumors 6502a

smueboy

Limewire sucks for exactly that reason.
    Torrent based p2p networks function much more effectively [which is why legal tv distribution networks are being developed using torrent based software]

5. macguysoft macrumors member

Does this occur with most files? If so, then torrent would be a better way to go... Bitrocket, Xtorrent or transmission would be a good choice for you. It's time to move on :cool:

6. chaaalieboy thread starter macrumors newbie

i find bittorrent to be really unreliable and slow... im using acquisition to download them, am i doing something wrong?

7. macguysoft macrumors member

Slow in terms of speed and what's unreliable about it? Acquisition isn't a torrent featured application so if you like acquisition then I'd suggest you try Xtorrent from the same creator. It also depends as to what tracker you use so in some cases, Limewire is faster. I however have got pretty decent speeds and never have to use limewire.

8. andysc macrumors regular

andysc

i find transmission for torrents to be very fast.

9. chaaalieboy thread starter macrumors newbie

where are you getting these torrents?