More weird panther woes...

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by Cooncat, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Cooncat macrumors newbie

hmmm...ever since i updated to 10.3.2, my system has been *very* unstable. Earlier today itunes repeatedly hung while burning a cd, and also gave me alot of wierd errors like telling me to insert a blank cd when there was already one in there...then, when i pushed the eject button, instead of ejecting the cd, it logged me out?! I don't have fast user switching enabled so it took me back to the main login screen and quit all my apps...wierd...repaired permissions, still happening, so i reboot which works (thank god). Then when I start my computer back up later today my clock changed to dec. 31, 1969?!?

Panther's flakiness is really starting to get on my nerves.

Oh, I'm running a MDD dual 1.25 G4, preinstalled with panther.

2. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Reinstall panther. It sounds like there are some serious issues in your system. Panther is not that flaky.

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It sounds more like a firmware or battery problem.

4. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

I agree 10.3.2 has also given me a bunch of little hiccups that I didn't have before (on a brand new iBook G4). Finder constantly has problems when scanning through files and when I try to move more than one thing into any folder finder has to restart. Very confusing.

I've also had some issues with networking as I have never been able to find any printers on any Microsoft networks thus far in any of the panther incarnations...so much for "effortless connectivity"...my old machine with Windows 98 was more capable of connecting to mixed networks than this new one.

Happy other than that though :) Expose still makes me go "wow."

5. Cooncat thread starter macrumors newbie

But, isn't it flaky to have to reinstall panther on an under a month old system? I mean, panther came installed on the machine, and I haven't installed any obscure or shady software...really, that's the definition of flaky if you ask me.

6. Mala macrumors 6502

I'd call Apple. I've had my new computer for around a month and it's been steady as a rock under Panther (touch aluminium). You may have a Monday morning machine.