MORE wii

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, May 11, 2006.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

swiped from eurogamer forums

How much of this is accurate remains to be seen, I thought Metroid had been confirmed on IGN to be a release title... Oh well more specualtion...

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Forbes says that an executive from SEGA said the system would sell for less than 200

link

3. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Id smash bro is for Fall 2006 i'm getting a Wii soon!

4. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah and that kind of confirmed by people like Peter Moore from Microsoft on his recent comments. If the industry all seem to expect a sub $200 price tag at this stage, then it wont be far wrong.

5. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

Ok, is it called a Nintendo Revolution or Wii, what's the deal?:cool:

I can't afford video games anymore or play much (except madden for PC), but I can tell you this new Nintendo system is going to raise some eyebrows.

6. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

i'm really hoping for a sub 200 price tag, but the DS lite is 129.. so the wii is likly to be more then that a nice 149 to say

Hey our home system is cheaper then the SOny handheld!!

AT worst i see the Wii being price equal to the low end PSP

Ya sony for making the Wii look that much better, and Nintendo for make what looks to be a great system.. i might just pick one up as soon as the are easy to get

7. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

It could also be cheaper than a 2 GB Nano. I'm not implying that the 2 GB Nano is a bad deal, I have one, but...I don't know, it just seems funny.

What do I know tho?

8. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

my good friend... WHERE have you been? Nintendo made the name change to Wii last month.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I think i read the first post quote thing elsewhere in this forum :)
    Still good though. right now I'm enjoying a lot of good karma so it's just not making a huge impact. All I know is I'm probably going to either love the new Wii games or the old VC games (huge retro fan, as you lot probably know!), or 99% likely both.

10. Oblivious macrumors 6502

Retro Studios says otherwise in regards to Metroid Prime 3's launch date. And I think I trust them more.;) :cool:

"May 10, 2006 - In an interview with the Retro Studios team, IGN Wii learned today that Metroid Prime 3: Corruption will indeed be a launch game for Nintendo Wii."

11. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

I've been hiding under a rock apparently...

12. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Thats alot of money for some old arse games....

Bless

13. calyxman macrumors 6502a

calyxman

Likewise.

14. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

still not as much as the PS3 system:p

15. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Compared to the PSP's $15 PSone games I don't think it's that bad of a deal

16. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^Which ones older? which one are 3d?.....except N64 which is $10 as stated above.....older games 2D 8bit/16bit..PS1=3D

Bless

17. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Graphics aren't everything. I'd pay £10 for the old Super Mario Kart and Super Mario World if I had to.

18. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

i can see how some may think that, but for me, a couple bucks for a good nes game? $10 for a good n64 game? I wont think twice about loading up on some good classics for those prices.

of course, i still have all of my old systems and games, and everything still works, so there isn't a great deal i would need to buy.

19. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

As we still dont have an offical release date, or price... Is there a good chance this could indeed slip to 2007 - at least in Europe and hence the quote Metroid will ship 2007 and Metroid being a launch title could indeed be one and the same??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I just need a wii..... NOW...... (best go to the toilet then - but theres an evil spider in my toilet :) )

20. takao macrumors 68040

takao

10 bucks for n64 is i guess the maximum they can get for the old n64 games (afterall it's still cheaper than sonys ps1 games of the same generation who were actually cheaper back in the days)

i think when you look at game prices of 5 bucks or so for snes then it's not bad at all.. there are people out there who pay 5 bucks for some lousy cellphone games

i wouldn't pay more .. sure less would be nice but i think people have to think realistically

21. xli_ne macrumors 6502a

xli_ne

damn... I remember a time when the talk was that the game downloads would be free. O well, I don't think I would buy any n64 games. I have most of the games that I would want to play. nes games though, those are the ones that I wanted to play the most, so hopefully those would be the cheapest.

22. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

There is no official pricing announced yet but here is EGM'S estimate. Not sure what this is based on.

23. mkaake macrumors 65816

I'm just curious to see how they'll play... ie will they run in an emulator, or will they be recompiled. wouldn't mind playing a few games I already have on the 64 that could use a few extra fps of faster hardware...

24. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Hmmm…*I wonder if we will have access to other region games. There were a bunch of nice games never relesed in North America.

25. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Pretty sure it's an emulator, from what all the inerviewers gathered/inferred. The few details say that the games won't be altered at all (the pics from E3 don't show any AA or anything like that either) but it wouldn't be difficult to image they will lock the games at a constant 30 or 60fps, depending what they were designed for originally.

Anyways, if they add internet multiplayer to SNES/Genesis/N64 games... well... I'd honestly probably pay $35+ for a Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64 bundle. Oh, and Toe Jam and Earl? CLASSIC.