Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TonyLennon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2005
I searched through the archives, but I can't find an answer to this specific question. I have two computers in my house: One Mac and one PC. The PC is wireless, but the Mac is NOT. I bought a Linksys Wireless-G router, and the setup is easy enough on the PC (with the setup disk), but I can't get my Mac to work with it. Of course, Linksys' tech support line doesn't offer Mac support. It seems like this should be relatively simple...Suggestions?? I'm running OSX 10.3.9.

Verto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2005
Denton, TX
TonyLennon said:
I searched through the archives, but I can't find an answer to this specific question. I have two computers in my house: One Mac and one PC. The PC is wireless, but the Mac is NOT. I bought a Linksys Wireless-G router, and the setup is easy enough on the PC (with the setup disk), but I can't get my Mac to work with it. Of course, Linksys' tech support line doesn't offer Mac support. It seems like this should be relatively simple...Suggestions?? I'm running OSX 10.3.9.

If your Mac isn't wireless, how is it connected to the router? Through an ethernet cable?

TonyLennon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2005
Verto said:
If your Mac isn't wireless, how is it connected to the router? Through an ethernet cable?

Yes. Through an ethernet cable. The Mac is going to have to stay wired to the router.

TodVader

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2005
Quebec, Canada
I do the opposite here:

iBook wireless
PC box via ethernet cord

I use the linksys wireless router with 4 ethernet plugs.

Update the filmware of the router. I had the same problems with the wired PC before the update.

I hope this helps.

The filmware upgrade is on their website.

Verto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2005
Denton, TX
TonyLennon said:
Yes. Through an ethernet cable. The Mac is going to have to stay wired to the router.

Make sure you have the modem, router and computer all turned off, then plug in the Ethernet cable. Then bring the modem on, then the router, then the comp.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.