'Morning after' pill denied to rape victim

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Chacala_Nayarit, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Chacala_Nayarit macrumors 6502

Chacala_Nayarit

Rape victim: 'Morning after' pill denied

This is absolutely horrific. :eek:

Another example of holier than thou religous flat earthers imposing their fake moral values' upon someone who doesn't want to get pregnant, she was raped damnit. :mad:

2. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Disgusting. I can't think of much more to say.

It's just sickening that she couldn't get the pill given her dire situation...

_Emerson

3. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Very disturbing story. The lesson to be learned is that to preserve one's options such assaults must be reported promptly, since that results in emergency contraception being offered by hospital personnel after they complete their medical examination.

It is understandable why many women fail to report an incident of rape - personal trauma, feelings of shame and guilt, etc. - but there can be a steep price to pay for doing that. I wish the young woman well as she goes forward.

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I hope he worked for a large chain so that she can make sure he's admonished properly. If the pharmacist had been a rape victim, I'm sure his values would become a bit more sympathetic...not pathetic.

5. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

awful and disgusting :mad:

I hope that she is through her situation in peace.

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh sorry dear, we stock the pill but don't give it to anyone. :rolleyes: WTF? If you can't perform the duties of a pharmacist, then don't be one!

7. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

That pharmacist should be promptly fired. S/he has not business working there :mad:

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I agree. Sorry you were raped dear, you'll just have to have a baby now. What the hell is wrong with people?

9. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

she'll probably have an abortion. and i hope she goes and tells that pharmacist what his actions caused.

i'd like to hear from a pro-life person: is there a "level of badness" wrt ru486 and an abortion? i.e. can anyone tell me that an abortion is no worse than ru486?

10. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

not only are his actions legal, but many companies have policies which allow this.

i think it's outrageous, but i see it as a general trend in the US to prefer christian dogma to common sense and science. this is all gonna hurt come winter.

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Let's hope it really hurts in the fall of 2006.

12. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

That's seriously ****ed up.

13. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

S/he should be paying child support to this girl. Now tell me what your moral values are. *******. Really, she needed medicine, he's a pharmacist. Keep your bible classes out of the freaking workplace.