Moronic ZD-Net article on new iMac

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by blakespot, Jan 8, 2002.

1. blakespot Administrator

blakespot

Take a look at this nutball and his article from the ZD-Net Anchor Desk. A money quote:

If someone offered me that screen--without a computer hidden in the base--I'd consider it a neat mounting scheme. But having the large PC system unit hidden under the desk isn't a big deal for me, especially since it gives me easy access to multiple USB, serial, and 1394 ports, something the new iMac doesn't offer.

...right. No USB, no 1394, no serial on the new iMac... True, the serial port has an internal modem connected to it, and that's hardwired in---but what else do you want an old serial port for? The guy is a flake.

blakespot

[Edited by blakespot on 01-08-2002 at 05:28 PM]

2. GeneralAntilles macrumors member

This guy is a complete ass!

A rather irritating person that can't even RESEARCH the products he reports on... Ugh the truth of much of our pathetic world.

3. ScottF macrumors newbie

4. blakespot thread starter Administrator

blakespot

Definitely got to me, that article. The new iMac, with keyboard and mouse attached, has 3 open USB ports and two FireWire (1394) ports. Almost no PC's have 1394, aside from Sony's with their i.link port.

blakespot

5. yanny macrumors newbie

It is one of those days

that some mentally retarded poses as normal person trying to make a superficially articulated argument to you. At the end of the argument, no matter how hard you try, it does not make any sense. Then you realised how sane you are and it is important to defend our sane computer choice against these meaningless but damaging attacks.

6. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

BUT HERE'S THE KICKER: Despite Apple's reputation for innovation, its most outrageous designs don't sell. Steve Jobs's cube-shaped CPUs from two years ago reportedly still fill warehouses (those that haven't been scrapped)

I thought that everyone liked the Cube's design just not the price point. And when the original iMac came out, wasn't that one of Apple's most outrageous designs?

7. GigaWire macrumors 6502

8. geephore macrumors newbie

Poll

Did you notice that if you take the poll, more people liked it than did not?