Morph?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by stoid, May 2, 2002.

1. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

How can I make one image morph into another?? Not fade, but morph.

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

It all depends on the image. Are you talking photographs of people or buildings or something else entirely different?

3. stoid thread starter macrumors 601

stoid

Aging

Like to morph from someones baby picture to a picture of what they look like now. To accent the similarities and such.

4. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i don't know of any particular tool that makes something like that easy.

to me it seems like a much much more complicated process than just applying a tool like a dissolve...

someone probably has some better ideas than me though..

5. Wildcat macrumors regular

I used to use spacific programs to do this when I had A PEEECEEEE. But I cant really remember what they where called ( I was never very serious with them). Dont know of any for the mac though. Sorry

6. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

There is an old program called Morph, that was made by Gryphon Software back in the day. I remember morphing things into each other back in JH on a 68k-based Quadra running 7.0.1.

All you do is set points and vectors on certain features in each picture that you want to morph and select the amount of morphing detail/frame rate. It took forever back then, but on a modern machine, it would probably scream.

You can find this program on HL, as it no longer retails. I don't know of any other current app that does this. The most current version is 4.8, I think.

Hope this helps.

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Metacreation's - Past home to KPT Bryce, had another software called Kai's Super Goo, this would do the trick, but I can't find where it is now, or who's got it. You might want to do your own search.

Good luck!

8. kaltsasa macrumors 6502a

I have a copy of gyphon morph that i would be happy to email to anybody.....even for an old program it sits right next to final cut pro 3, it is indespensable for some special effects i try to pull off, older progamrs still have uses, i frequently use strata media paint for things too, an oldy but a goodie(i had a hell of a time getting it on my g4 with out a disk drive tho lol)

9. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

what system does it run on?

i'd love to get that and give it a whirl....

10. kaltsasa macrumors 6502a

I haven't had any problems running it in 9.2, it does run in classic, but not the best, i usually get what i need done, then boot into classic for my morph needs.