Morphing: What software?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Macster12, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Macster12 macrumors newbie

I've seen the video effect called: "Morphing", where one still picture melts away to appear as another which I think is fascinating. This is also done with video which is probably more complex, but no less appealing to the eye. What software exists to acomplish this effect? I'd like to know because there are many situations where I could use this effect.
    Thanks for any replies.

Macster12.

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

iphoto and imovie

I believe they are included with the new imovie and iphoto now. I don't play with those apps much even though I have the new iLife, can someone confirm this.

3. Macster12 thread starter macrumors newbie

It must be a newer version than what I have. I bought my Mac G4 just last November but I don't see that effect in the iMovie software that came with it. I haven't checked out my iPhoto, but I doubt that it came with that as well. Is there an upgrade I can buy that will enable me to use this effect? Also, I have Final Cut Express video editing software, but it's last year's version. Would the recent upgrade have this effect?

Macster12.

4. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

5. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

for OS 9 and earlier, there was the now discontinued commercial application Morph (which works fine in OS X under classic). While I believe it has become abandonware, I don't know of any location to find a copy, other than hotline/p2p type networks.

6. Macster12 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sparky's, thanks for the link. I'm downloading the software for it now, so when it's done, I'll let you know how it turned out.
    Thanks for all the replies.

Macster12.

7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I use MorphX and like it. It's free. Mac OS X 10.1.5 or higher.

8. hoosker macrumors member

hoosker

I wanted to do this too and tried MorphX. In FCE, make a still image at the point you want to morph. Then make a still frame of the point you want to morph to. Take these into MorphX and create a movie morph between the two stills then insert them back into FCE. For some reason the movie would not import into FCE so I put it into iMovie then exported it back into FCE. That worked.

Anyway I ended up with a very cool morph movie of my daughters morphing into each other. I shot close ups of their faces. Ended up morphing one into my cat ant then the pet turtle. Very cool.

This was just a test but I would like to take the time to do something very nice one day. I remember seeing a M Jackson video with very nice face morphing and allways wanted to do this.

The best part is, MorphX is free.

Sorry could not find the URL but I am sure you can google it.

Try it, you may like it.:)