Morphix Low Resolution Problem

Discussion in 'Community' started by *Y*, May 30, 2005.

1. *Y* macrumors regular

I have a problem with my Morphix LightGUI installation. I installed on my old Toshiba satile laptop and am stuck with 640x480 resolution. i can't change it to anything else. Why is this? I used to have knoppix and it worked perefectly normal in 800x600 resolution. Can you please help me, somebody.

2. *Y* thread starter macrumors regular

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

If this is a Windows app, you'd do much better asking at a Windows forum.

Plus, while I obviously can't speak for everyone here, I can tell you I've never even heard of Morphix or Knoppix.

4. joetronic macrumors 6502

Did you do a automated install. If so it might have installed a incorect driver. Aslo, toshibas a known of having wierd off brand hardware, so this may be the problem. I have used Knoppix on a old gateway laptop and had the same problem. It was the off brand vid card.

5. *Y* thread starter macrumors regular

Please don't reply if you don't know the answer to someones question. It just makes it more confusing. Sorry if I sound rude. I didn't mean to offend you.

6. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

saying that you are confused by his answer shows that you need some more advice. what he means to say by his answer, in my opinion is, that you posted on a mac forums about a non-mac issue in the community section. you would have better luck if you posted on the proper forum because you answer would be more likely encountered there than in a mac/apple related forum.

i'll give you an example, it like me posting on a windows developer forums on how to develope an application on a mac.