MOSR Gone??

Discussion in 'Mac Scene' started by uefigs139, May 25, 2004.

1. uefigs139 macrumors newbie

When I head over to MOSR, the page is forwarded to cbs.marketwatch.com. Has anyone else experienced this, or is my internet going crazy?

2. ThomasHobbes macrumors newbie

If I go there the page doesn't load, no redirection.

3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says..."DNS issues" is the "story" for those that want to believe that....try http://199.105.116.92/ and you should get there......oh yeah!

4. heatheralane macrumors newbie

thanks duff-man.

I can't get by without my dose of MOSR! I was worried they were gone for good.

5. superninjagoat macrumors 6502

superninjagoat

NOW is it gone?

Now the ip link doesn't work. Are they just down again, or are they finally gone. To tell the truth, I kinda miss their wild speculation and ever-wishful (and occasionally correct) rumors. Last I checked, they hadn't updates in about a month. And now it's gone. :(

6. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Duff-Man's link works fine with me (oh yeah! :D )

7. superninjagoat macrumors 6502

superninjagoat

It came back up earlier this week, I believe. Although I must admitt, that it went off my daily surfing routein, so I haven't been checking so regularly.

I'm wondering if this doesn't go deeper that DNS issues. Is someone squatting their domain? Are they just that broke? Have they switched to Windows boxes? :eek:

8. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

9. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

And they start off the night with...

No small number of sources have written and called in over the past few months with inside juice on an Apple Quad Power Mac. Although the consensus among rumormongers has been, for quite some time, a resounding "no way" on this subject, several recent reports suggest otherwise.

Don't they realize that two of those 4 processors will most likely be "logical" versus physical -- ie, Apple already is updating Tiger to work with IBM's SMT Power5-UL.

So we'll likely see a dual G6 (Power5-UL) in January, so the OS will see a Quad PowerMac. ;)

Those aren't dual core CPUs, just SMT CPUs that have a single core capable of running two threads at the same time by acting like two CPUs (1 Physical & 1 Logical)

10. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

So im guessing that this is the primary site now, I only ask because the other site with the address you gave is still working but of coure has still not been updated

11. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

12. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

But notice the name at the bottom, Ryan's back. :cool:

13. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....okay, if you insist! I wanted to see if anyone noticed.....oh yeah!

14. RubberChicken macrumors regular

RubberChicken

Arrg, I finally gave up on them weeks ago after years of faithful reading. The site was down way too much and I was not a fan of the redesign, or the adspace outweighing the content... yeah, yeah, gotta pay the bills, but now I get my juice elsewhere. Oh yeah! Hey Duff-Man get outa my computer dude! ;)

15. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

That used to annoy me because I'd always imagine that voice in my head. But seeing it gone, I admit I kinda missed it. Feel free to keep "oh yeahing". :D

And MOSR still sucks, but it's still fun to read none-the-less. Oh yeah!

16. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

Ok, so does anyone know if the problems they tell us are really true (i.e. the individual peoples medical problems, lack of insurance, car crash) etc? Not to say they are lying but I always am wary when they ask for donations.

17. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Its all true... I personally know the owner/primary writer for the site. Hes currently having very problematic DNS issues (all revolving around the DNS company). The medical problems are on-going and sometimes serious enough that he can't concentrate to write. He is working on getting things back up.