Most Americans lack confidence in leaders - poll

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Oct 25, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Do we really need a poll to tell us this? Given the current state of our leadership I really don't think there's much chance of getting worse in the future. Of course I couldn't believe that Bush won the second term either so maybe my reality detection isn't so great anymore.

Actually the 35% who believe we're going to maintain this kind of leadership or get worse bothers me a bit...

3. tristan macrumors 6502a

While I personally don't think this country is headed in the right direction, I think that some media outlets like Talk Radio and more opinion on television (O'Reilly, Hannity, etc) have made people more upset with our leadership and more polarized in general, because there's always someone on TV with some complaint about something. That seems like a relatively new development to me (i.e. since Rush) and I'm a little scared to think where its going to lead.

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

There isnt any leadership, thats the problem. Plus we have a president who represents only the 53% of the people but really is representing Corporate America. Any wonder no confidence?

5. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

That's nothing, I lack confidence in the use of the word 'leaders' to describe these people at all.

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

7. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I wonder what percentage of the public realize that their vote decides who the leadership is? :(

8. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Great. They're only five years behind me. And I'm 16. LOL.

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

53% of the voters. ;) Only ~38% of the population supports him, and I actually doubt it's that high. I guarantee that number would be lower if we take out the people who think Saddam was responsible for 9/11 and that tax cuts for the rich help poor people. Oh yeah, and privatizing social security is a good idea, even if it costs more than it saves. :rolleyes: This is why we don't hear much from conservatives much on these boards lately.

Not that the liberals are much better these days. Wouldn't want to actually do anything now, would we. You just keep taking that "high-road".

10. maxterpiece macrumors 6502a

maxterpiece

we all know how acccurate these polls are... not. Come election time Bush'll just inject a little more fear into the population. rile up the patriots so that they are drooling red white and blue. Thank god he can't run another term. lord have mercy.