Most appropriate way to delete iDVD/Garageband

Discussion in 'macOS' started by indigoflowAS, Aug 22, 2006.

1. indigoflowAS macrumors 6502

indigoflowAS

I am running out of space on my MBP and want to remove those space-consuming iDVD and Garageband components. So...questions...

- Can these templates and loops be moved to, say an external drive, and be accessed as normal in the event I do use iDVD or Garageband?

- If I decide to delete these two programs (I use them no more than twice...ever) how should go about removing everything? AppZapper? Manually delete all the loops?

- iLife is on the MBP system disks...correct?

Thanks!

2. TWLreal macrumors 6502

From my logic, copying the templates and loops to another drive won't work since I doubt the programs would be able to access them remotely.
    I'd use AppZapper. It feels cleaner to me rather than just dragging the packages in the trash bin.
    I'm pretty sure it is. Same for all the of the preinstalled applications.

In my case, I just reinstalled OS X from scratch so there would never be a trace of iDVD, Garage Band or iMovie on my computer.

3. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

Download and use AppZapper. It will give you a preview of what is being deleted, as well as the size of the files being deleted.

4. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

I just dragged them to the trash can. Don't forget about unused language files, printer drivers, xcode and games?. I recovered 10+ gigs on my iBook.