Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

indigoflowAS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, OH
I am running out of space on my MBP and want to remove those space-consuming iDVD and Garageband components. So...questions...

- Can these templates and loops be moved to, say an external drive, and be accessed as normal in the event I do use iDVD or Garageband?

- If I decide to delete these two programs (I use them no more than twice...ever) how should go about removing everything? AppZapper? Manually delete all the loops?

- iLife is on the MBP system disks...correct?

Thanks!

TWLreal

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2006
indigoflowAS said:
- Can these templates and loops be moved to, say an external drive, and be accessed as normal in the event I do use iDVD or Garageband?
From my logic, copying the templates and loops to another drive won't work since I doubt the programs would be able to access them remotely.
indigoflowAS said:
- If I decide to delete these two programs (I use them no more than twice...ever) how should go about removing everything? AppZapper? Manually delete all the loops?
I'd use AppZapper. It feels cleaner to me rather than just dragging the packages in the trash bin.
indigoflowAS said:
- iLife is on the MBP system disks...correct?
I'm pretty sure it is. Same for all the of the preinstalled applications.

In my case, I just reinstalled OS X from scratch so there would never be a trace of iDVD, Garage Band or iMovie on my computer.

lamina

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2006
Niagara
Download and use AppZapper. It will give you a preview of what is being deleted, as well as the size of the files being deleted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.