Most creative Halloween costumes you've seen today.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by lu0s3r322, Oct 31, 2006.

1. lu0s3r322 macrumors 6502a

So for all you guys that are giving out treats or dress up in school, what the most creative costume you've seen so far?

Today at school a group of guys were a bunch of tetris blocks.

A substitute teacher was dressed as half life and half death.

The typical kids dressed as firefighters and bananas and cows, etc.

Anyone else?

2. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

One of my friends was a nudist on strike. She was dressed normally.

3. imacintel macrumors 68000

I dressed as dog the bounty hunter...
    :D

4. MarkCollette macrumors 68000

MarkCollette

Mine!

But that's just because I haven't seen a single other person dressed up :(

And I'm just wearing kendo pants and holding a wooden sword.

Edit: Ok, I went out clubbing later that night, and a lot of people had cool costumes. My faith in humanity is restored :)

5. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

was the teacher dead from the waist up or dead from the waist down?
    gotta wonder which is worse...

6. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

Or perhaps he/she was split vertically?

7. lu0s3r322 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yep it was down the middle, half of his shirt and pants were ripped up like he had been in a grave and the other half was nice and clean.

8. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

Some kid just rang my doorbell and he looked like he was dressed normally so we asked him what the hell he was and he said he was a pedestrian. :eek:

9. Frisco macrumors 68020

:D That reminds me of the 'Trick or Treat' episode from Curb Your Enthusiasm.

10. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I saw a kid dressed as an iPod while I was driving home today. He was either the green iPod mini or the green 2G Nano. I couldn't tell which one he was.

11. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

At the NYC parade, there were TONS of creative costumes (but even more crappy ones).
    The one that I liked the most and actually made me said "Wow" was a guy who was a Van Gogh self-portrait. He had a frame around his head, and it looked exactly like the painting, but 3-dimensional. Hard to describe, but the effect was amazing.

12. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

We have a popular neighborhood every year. We bought bags of mixed candy at the supermarket. They were 100 to a bag so we bought two bags, since we usually get over 100 kids.

So last night we had 102 trick-or-treaters. (Yes, of course I count them.) That means we have 98 leftover Tootsie Rolls and other snacks to eat or dispose of! Can you use them as potting soil, or maybe grout?

Best costume: A girl, maybe 10 years old, came to the door with Medusa-style hair. Next to her was a clothes hamper with dirty socks and a dirty towel sticking out the top edges. We didn't quite get the connection -- Medusa with laundry? Then we tossed candy in the hamper and her little brother popped up! His costume was a clothes hamper, almost as tall as his body! When he stood up, his feet came out the bottom. :D

I don't know how he stored the candy in there, but both of them were having fun and they enjoyed our surprised reaction.

13. diehldun macrumors 6502a

What is a lurking variable?

One of our neighbors (who is a statistics professor) went trick-or-treating with his kids as a "Lurking Variable" :confused: complete with a wand with a number sign on top (he had a white, box-like costume that said BE AFRAID OF ME)

I don't know what on earth a "Lurking Variable", though I'm guessing it has something to do with statistics/math. Whatever it is, it was certainly a bizarre and unusual costume for the night. :p

14. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Yes, a lurking variable is a cause or factor that affects something you are measuring without being known, noted, or measured as a factor.

As a (admittedly unconfirmed) example, smart people use Macintoshes, but intelligence is not actually the cause of Mac usage. It turns out that reading the MacRumors forums causes you to be intelligent and also causes you to become a Mac user. So forum membership was a lurking variable but has now been revealed!

15. vanzskater272 macrumors regular

I saw at least 7 spiderman costumes. I was dressed as flavor flav. But I didnt see any good costumes except for mine

16. amateurmacfreak macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

Heh, that's popular. I know toooonns of people who have been minis/nanos.

EDIT: And I was a cupcake. =] Pic.

17. true777 macrumors 6502a

true777

I didn't do anything for Halloween this year, but if I had, and had a boyfriend to go with, I would definitely have done the "Sugar Daddy"/"Sugar Baby" thing.

Years ago a girlfriend and I dressed up as "S&M". We bought two M&M's outfits - one red piece of M&M's candy, and one that was blue, and we replaced the big white "M" letter on one of the two with a big white "S", to make it "S" and "M". One of us had a whip, and the other one a dog collar -- it was very cute, and everyone loved it.

WAY back in 1997 me and a group of friends were the "Dead Celebrities", since so many celebrities had died within the few months preceding that Halloween, so I was Princess Diana, and my friends were Dodi Al Fayed, Mother Teresa, Gianni Versace, and John Denver -- all very authentic.

Attached Files:

18. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Nice costume! You look for all the world like Hillary Duff in that picture (no, don't worry, that's a compliment) :)

19. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I dressed up as a stressed college student who couldn't have much fun on Halloween because he was stuck in a computer lab doing homework until 11 PM

20. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Did it fool anyone?

21. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Had he actually cut off his ear like Van Gogh did?:D

22. MarkCollette macrumors 68000

MarkCollette

Wow, does your hair really come down to your waist? Pretty impressive. Well, pretty pretty really.

23. Oblivious macrumors 6502

Oh man, I find that absolutely hilarious.:D How old was this kid anyway?

The best costume I saw was at school. Four of my friends dressed up as Ghostbusters, and what made it funny was that they all had speakers in their vacuums that were blasting the Ghostbuster theme song all day.
    There was also this other group of kids that dressed in Dodgeball uniforms, the guys were Average Joe's and the women were... uh... the Ben Stiller team people.:p